Please Help Elvis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Everyone,

I made a donation page for Kaitlyn here on the forum. For those of you who have followed her little Elvis' story, he has been through a lot. I wanted an opportunity to help out her little dragon who has such a fighting spirit. He has a large mouth tumor & needs surgery to have it removed.
If anyone would like to donate, please visit this site to help. Elvis appreciates it. :D

http://www.bug-de-lite.com/Donations_Elvis.html

Thanks!

Tracie

NightmareDisco

Sub-Adult Member
Donated $20.00 Really can't afford it but if something was wrong with Nemesis I'd do anything to make him better. Good luck.

NightmareDisco

Sub-Adult Member
You are very welcome. I hope more people will donate. Do you have a facebook? You could post your donation link on there.

babyelvissocute

Sub-Adult Member
Yes I put it on my facebook and got a few donations. Its also in the ER section and some people donated to :D

Thanks again!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Hello Everyone!

Thanks to all of the wonderful people here Elvis will be getting his needed surgery on January 13th.
I know that Kaitlyn will be checking in shortly to update everyone on how Elvis is doing.

Thank you so much.

Tracie

babyelvissocute

Sub-Adult Member
Hi guys,
Yes the surgery is scheduled for January 13th. I was puching for febuary 21st, but of course, the vet doing the surgery is on leave the whole month of January. I picked the 13th, because thats a thursday, I can pick him up friday after school, and then will have atleast a long weekend with him while he's recovering.
I will keep everybody updated and post pictures when I get back!

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Good luck I hope everything goes well. Sadly I did not come upon this form early enough and could not donate any money. But I send my love to your little guy and hope everything goes well

babyelvissocute

Sub-Adult Member
Hi,
just got back from Mass General and Elvis's vet. We both had to get blood drawn, but his took awhile because he put up quite the fight, lol. He had quite the black beard too, and was pretty mad at me and the vet. When she brought him back in to me he ran across the table tome and gave me the stink eye! He lost 12 grams in the last 2 months, but the vet said thats okay since he has only been able to eat babyfood and he went through brumation.
So thursday is his surgery and I probaly *hopefully* wont have school, another snowstorm is moving in tomorow. It looks like freakin Alaska here! Snow storm after snow storm, and we've had a lot of snow days. But, my school doesnt want to miss thursday because we have midterms, but even if I do have school atleast I'll be out by 11:20 a.m.

So, thursday is the big day. I'll keep everyone posted!

Kaitlyn

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Kaitlyn asked if someone would post this update, so here it is. :p
GUESS WHAT! I'm going to pick Elvis up! He's still groggy, but has been breathing on his own because he spit the breathing tube out :) I'd go update the other threads, but I'm on my phone and am almost on at the vet, so if somebody could spread the word I'd appreciate it:)

babyelvissocute

Sub-Adult Member
thanks Diane!

We are home! Elvis perked up right when I got him situated in his cage, so I was able to give him his first dose of Metacam for the pain. I had to take all the climbing stuff out of his cage, so he has alot of handwarmers under him and towels and blankets, cause I gotta keep him as warm as possible. He had a little runny poop in the car, but I guess thats a good sign.

So the vet said it went better then she expected. The tumor got out easily because it wasnt embedded in his teeth like she thought. His jaw bone got pushed out a little, but she expects that to fix itself. They sent the tumor out to be biopsied, because she couldnt get all the cells out and she wants to see if it might grow back. (hopefully not) Oh, and I guess I have been giving him to much calcium because the bloodwork came back and it was minorly elevated. Whoops :oops:

but heres a few pics!

On the way home:
0127112032.jpg

He can close his mouth!
0127112015.jpg

home sweet home!
0127112056.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom