PLEASE HELP! Beardie Seizures??

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikkistorms

Original Poster
Hello All. Just a little update. I turned the RED light off last night, no heat no light. Our house usually doesn't go below 73. I have ordered the reptisun 10.0 tube, heat emitter, infrared remote thermometer, and calcium. I took the reptisun compact 5.0 off his home and am going to take him outside today when it cools down slightly. I am in FL and its 94 out right now. When I got up this morning and turned on his lights, about 10 minutes later he was thermoregulating. Sitting with his mouth open. he is moving around what seems normal. HE CHASED HIS CRICKETS!!! I dusted 3 pin heads and let em loose in his cage and he came right off his rock! SO excited to see normal activity. I am going to let him digest those a lil and bask for about 10 minutes and try to take him out of his cage. I was able to take him out 3 times last night for 2 min intervals and no seizing. I havent seen him go near his water so I have been dripping it on his nose and he licks it right up. I am also going to give him a bath after we take him outside so he can soak up some water that way too.

Thank you all for your help and I will keep updating! Hopefully we caught whatever it was in time!

twinmommy

If your house temps don't fall below 65 at night, you don't need a CHE. I live in AL and we run our air on 69-70 (we like it cold in here!) And our house never gets below 65.

nikkistorms

Original Poster
twinmommy":2gmo0n65 said:
If your house temps don't fall below 65 at night, you don't need a CHE. I live in AL and we run our air on 69-70 (we like it cold in here!) And our house never gets below 65.

Awesome! Thanks.

Update. Oscar ate 3 more crickets and pooped.

He was climbing up the side of the cage and almost fell which scared him and it triggered another "twitch" in his left leg. Now he has been sitting on his log not doing anything again...

Waiting on the Reptisun and calcium powder :(

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
Are you near ANY pet store chains? Petsmart, Pets Plus BOTH carry the Repti Calcium in their stores.
Glad he is starting to eat, once you have the calcium and the RIGHT lighting you should begin to see a totally different dragon.

nikkistorms

Original Poster
Seems to be doing ok... Eating plenty of crickets and basking... Has been "Smiling" thermoregulating a lot. Today is the first day I am seeing him do this. Still hasnt been going to the water, So I drop it on his nose. I want to thank you all so much. I think we have caught this in time!

nikkistorms

Original Poster
Well Oscar seems to be improving. My Reptisun Should be here by tuesday. He is moving about his cage like he should. Ate crickets and turnip greens. All his limbs seem to be functioning fine. I want to thank everyone for all of your advice and encouragement.

Has anyone had any experience with pellets?

Havent seen any twitching today and minimal yesterday! I am so happy!

nikkistorms

Original Poster
Update:

Hello all! Oscar is doing soooo much better. I got my calcium and reptisun 10.0 in the mail today and am just waiting for the fixture which should be here tomorrow! He only twitched very lil about 2 days ago and hasnt shown any signs of being sick or seizures or anything since. He has been eating crickets fine. Been giving him greens also. We are doing the calcium dusting 5 days a week in 1 feeding. and vits 2 days a week 1 feeding. I am afraid to give him any veggies or fruits bc I dont know what caused the seizures... :( what should I do about that?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's good that he is acting better and that you have the new bulb that you will be able to use once you get the fixture.

I think most of us here are in agreement that the compact bulb was more than likely responsible for the seizures, we have read about that happening before.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Great news that Oscar is still on the mend! Thanks for letting us know. If you are still concerned that one of his foods was associated with his seizure, you could re-introduce them one at a time. For example, give him collards for 2 days, and see how he reacts. The next 2 days, give him only another veg. That would help you single out which food, if any, was a trigger. So wonderful to hear that he is doing better! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom