PLEASE HELP!!! Beardie has ulcer on eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

millmeat1

Hi, my 5 year old beardie was took to the vets 2 weeks ago and was told he has an ulcer on his eye :cry: was given eye cream to put in but after much reading on the web have found that i was using the wrong uvb, i was using the repti-glo 10 but have now changed it to the repti-sun 10. Was also told to turn off the uvb which i have but a bit sceptic as my vet told me to keep the light on, not quite sure what to do, any help much appreciated, also he hasnt eaten for 5 weeks now but i have been pipetting vitamen supplements so he doesnt dehydrate also plenty of baths.

Any suggestions please!!!!!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yes, a picture would be a good idea. He hasn't eaten anything at all in 5 wks? Have you been giving him any baby food? Have you also mixed calcium with the water you're pipetting? Has he lost a noticeable amount of weight?

millmeat1

Original Poster
Sorry for the late response!

I use the flouresecent tube, but have it switched off at the moment (was advised to let his eyes heal) i havent got any pictures i'm afraid but the only way to describe it, is it just looks like he's constantly sleeping, his eyes are a little swollen but since switching off the uv i have noticed a difference in him, phew!

What sort of baby food could i give him as this is the first time in 5 years i've ever had a problem, he's always been in A1 condition. Just feel so sorry that i cant take the pain away from him :(

I have been giving him "Revitalive" which says on the box: Formulated to aid reptiles recover from dehydration, exhaustion, starvation and shock. Provides life sustaining nutrition during periods of stress contains essential electrolytes and vitamins.

Thank-you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom