Please help, beardie got bitten and almost eaten

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrickmb21

Hatchling Member
snazzyglasses":1g69coxa said:
patrickmb21":1g69coxa said:
i dont understand why i am rude?
It's basic common sense. If you're not trolling and you honestly don't understand how your judgemental-sounding comment was rude, then I'm not sure what to tell ya.
im still confused.

Burra

Hatchling Member
Beardeddragon.co sells all of the items suggested earlier, except the baby food of course! They have great customer service, you can ask them anything! They also sell feeding syringes if you can't find them anywhere else, and at a good price too!

Hope your beardie is feeling better soon, glad to hear he made it this far!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Thank you! :D
Please let us know how your little one is doing, I hope he is feeling better.

Tracie

Beardiesforthewin72

Sub-Adult Member
Awwwww poor little one! I'm glad you got to him when you did! And it takes huge guts to Admit a mistake! I will follow you through this I can't offer much physical support but you have my prayers! I know he will be fine!

RangeR

hey i had a baby that was attacked like this by a bigger one from the same clutch. anyway 2 problems you will face 1 the stress may cause him not to stay active and eat and 2 injuries preventing eating. baby food is the way to go right now it minimizes his pain while eating. make sure its all natural.

Vanelian

i am so sorry about that it must hurt u to think about that but its not ur fault at all cause u didnt know that would happen dont worry i wouldnt know either good luck with him hope he gets better :D :cry: :( :)

sturgeonm

Original Poster
Hello everyone,
I would first like to say thank you for all your help, suggestions, and support. I'm sorry I did not get back here quicker, after Sandy and everything, I could not make the time.
As for the condition of the little guy, he is doing well. I have been feeding him baby food for a week now, he used to only take nibbles or until I took portions and help him push it in. Now is gulping chunks in. So he is eating baby food well. I'm glad that he made it and is still alive.
I would like to know... what should I do now? Should I put crickets or meal worms in? Should I put calcium in the baby food (I feel that he isnt getting any calcium)? Or any other suggestions guys?

Thank You everyone, your advice really made a difference in this situation.

PS: After the death defying event, he was scared to even see a cricket.

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
sturgeonm":2j9noilb said:
Hello everyone,
I would first like to say thank you for all your help, suggestions, and support. I'm sorry I did not get back here quicker, after Sandy and everything, I could not make the time.
As for the condition of the little guy, he is doing well. I have been feeding him baby food for a week now, he used to only take nibbles or until I took portions and help him push it in. Now is gulping chunks in. So he is eating baby food well. I'm glad that he made it and is still alive.
I would like to know... what should I do now? Should I put crickets or meal worms in? Should I put calcium in the baby food (I feel that he isnt getting any calcium)? Or any other suggestions guys?

Thank You everyone, your advice really made a difference in this situation.

PS: After the death defying event, he was scared to even see a cricket.
Hooray! That's great news!! :blob8:
You can definitely put a pinch of calcium powder in his baby food 5 days a week, and a pinch of his multivitamins the other 2 days a week so that he's getting his supplements. :)
I wouldn't feed any mealworms, since they don't have much nutrition and their hard outer shell has been known to cause impaction. Bummer that he's scared of the crix though! Have you tried pulling their back legs off so they can't jump around, or placing them in the fridge for a few minutes so they slow down? (Gross I know lol). You can also try offering him non-jumpy bugs, like Phoenix worms (aka Reptiworms or Calciworms), Dubia roaches, or silkworms. Any of those are good options, as long as they're no bigger than the space between his eyes.
Props to you for taking such good care of the little guy! And thanks for the update! :)

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Thank goodness you all made it through the hurricane ok, and even more so that your little guy's doing well.

Mariah94

Juvie Member
I just caught up on this and I am so glad he is doing better. As suggested, try some soft bodied feeders out until he starts to recover more but I am so glad he is recovering well!

I have a question though,the picture that you have of the initial incident with little beardie inside of big beardie, would you mind if I posted it in another forum that is discussing why cohabitation is a bad idea? I think it would be very insightful for those who are reading that thread to help decide if they should house more than one together.

I certainly hope nobody is bashing you for this. It was an honest mistake and the fact that you have realized that and are here to get help for your little guy is what matters now. Mistakes happen, we've all done them.

Keep us updated!

jezwolf175

Sub-Adult Member
i'm glad that your little one is doing ok and that you made it through Sandy. I've just caught up on your thread. Please keep us posted whenever you can. You and your little on are in my Prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom