Please help, beardie got bitten and almost eaten

Status
Not open for further replies.

sturgeonm

Original Poster
AHBD":234eh68t said:
Hi there....wow, your baby went through an ordeal, but his licking at the water is great news. Tomorrow, drip the water on his snout rather than the napkin, he will drink it that way. And for night heat, use a ceramic heater, lights disturb their sleep.

Thanks for the advice, will do.

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Oh my ,,your poor little baby!! I know how terrible you must feel. I had a dream on night that the same thing happened to my girl...and that was when I only had one dragon. I sure hope your little one is ok.
Kelly

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, I am sorry that happened to your baby.
Great advice already. Just be sure to keep him warm over night around 80, to help with his immune system.
For basking, you will want to use a bright white light but not a red light. Are you using a UVB also for him?
Keep trying with the water to see if he will drink for you. You may need to try dropping baby food on his nose
too just to see if he would like any.

As suggested, watch for any major behavioral changes in case of a head injury. Is he stargazing at all?
If he is walking around the tank & alert that is a great sign.
I hope he is feeling better soon.

Tracie

AmberC

Hatchling Member
If inside his mouth is injured I would try feeding only soft bodied food (silkworms, horn worms) or some baby food. It might be too sore for him to catch and chew food. :( your poor baby, my heart skipped a beat when I saw that one photo. We all make mistakes but your doing the right thing by being here trying to help.

sturgeonm

Original Poster
AmberC":3ukb89kn said:
If inside his mouth is injured I would try feeding only soft bodied food (silkworms, horn worms) or some baby food. It might be too sore for him to catch and chew food. :( your poor baby, my heart skipped a beat when I saw that one photo. We all make mistakes but your doing the right thing by being here trying to help.

Hey, thanks for your response. I believe his mouth is still sore. What type of baby food or flavor or brand should I get him? I don't want him to starve. I'm gonna help him as much as I can. Thanks for your help and thank you everyone for pitching in.

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
Plain turkey or chicken babyfood would be best; since he's so young he needs a lot of protein for his little growing beardie body. :) You can also get some squash or apple flavor if you want to add variety.
Check the ingredients on each flavor though, and don't get anything that has added sugars or sodium or sketchy chemicals (some of them have a little water in them though, which is fine! :)). I don't think the brand makes a difference, as long as there aren't any additives.
As for what "Stage" of babyfood to get, Stage 1 is best-- it's the kind for the youngest baby age group.
You can mix a pinch of his supplements into the babyfood as well, to make sure he's getting the calcium/vitamins he needs :)

And I just remembered- another option to look into is called Carnivore Care, it's soft and full of nutrition for dragons who are sick or can't/won't eat.

Good luck with your little guy!! How is he doing today?

tf2185

Hello, just checking in to see how your baby is doing so far. As some might remember, we went through almost the same thing. My fiancée had to actually pry our dragon from the others mouth. We didn't know if he would make it through the night or not. Thankfully, he did. Here's just a few things we did for him. First off, our vet didn't know what to do.( We've since found a new one.) We fed him the stage 1 squash and chicken baby food. We would mix the calcium and the vitamin powder in the food on the regular scheduled days to make sure that was done. Since his jaw was slightly crooked and sore, the only thing we could do was give him some SerrApePtase, it's the silkworm enzyme. It is supposed to help pain and discomfort. We were also giving him the critical care supplements along with all of this as well as a probiotic, our vet set it might help with any infection that could set in, I don't know how true that would be though. After about two weeks, our little guy was back to be his old self again. We kept his temps a little bit higher at night to help with digestion if there was any internal damage or something since we really didn't know what we were dng with that.

I'll be praying for you and your baby, I know I still have nightmares about this happening again even though none of ours are together anymore. Maybe it would help you feel better to know that the one who almost got eaten, is now our biggest dragon weighing in at around 625 grams. He has no problem eating or anything anymore and his jaw is only slightly crooked, only noticeable once you point it out. So there is he for yours.

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
Tander":20n6o5p1 said:
patrickmb21":20n6o5p1 said:

Not really a fair comment, is it?
I couldn't agree more. That guy has a history of immature, borderline-rude behavior towards others on this forum actually...
One of the moderators already addressed/posted about potentional rudeness too. It the first comment and it's even in color so it sticks out, for goodness sake.
Goonie":20n6o5p1 said:
Moderator note: There will be no bashing or unkind words allowed in this thread. The OP already knows he had made a mistake in placing both beardies in the same tank.
As always . . .
If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Please keep negative comments out of this thread. It has already been addressed. We need to focus on getting him better & supporting him. Thank you.

patrickmb21

Hatchling Member
snazzyglasses":3vm26sq4 said:
Tander":3vm26sq4 said:
patrickmb21":3vm26sq4 said:

Not really a fair comment, is it?
I couldn't agree more. That guy has a history of immature, borderline-rude behavior towards others on this forum actually...
One of the moderators already addressed/posted about potentional rudeness too. It the first comment and it's even in color so it sticks out, for goodness sake.
Goonie":3vm26sq4 said:
Moderator note: There will be no bashing or unkind words allowed in this thread. The OP already knows he had made a mistake in placing both beardies in the same tank.
As always . . .
If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all.

i dont understand why i am rude?

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
patrickmb21":3ayt1oa4 said:
i dont understand why i am rude?
It's basic common sense. If you're not trolling and you honestly don't understand how your judgemental-sounding comment was rude, then I'm not sure what to tell ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom