PLEASE HELP...BABY LOST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krisymof2

Hatchling Member
We just got a new baby yesterday and I told my kids to leave him alone as I knew he was scared and needed time to relax and adjust. But today my son went in the room and was playing with him and he left the door wide open. About 30 minutes later I went to feed him and he was gone. We have searched the room he was in but he is so tiny. Any suggestions for how to find him? The little babies like to hide? Is he going to hide in a dark place? I live in S. FL and the temp in my house is about 77-78. Do you think he will come out? Will he survive until we find him? Thanks.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Sorry that your baby is missing. They do tend to sometimes climb to a dark hidden area. Sometimes they like to climb. Probably want to check the top of your curtains, and under small spaces. They get in areas you wouldnt believe. I have heard people say to set up a basking light outside of their viv that they can get to. If they get cold, they can come out to bask, and maybe you will spot them. I have also read to put flour down around the basking spot, or other areas, and watch for beardie tracks. Might be able to find a general direction to look that way.

Hope you find your baby quickly

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hi Kristen,

Unfortunately those little ones can get into the smallest of places. I know there have been many people on this site that have been in the same situation, so you will get lots of tips.
Many will suggest putting your heat lamp out in the room in hopes of drawing your little guy in,but with you being in Fl and it being warm it might not work too well.
If you have crickets, try putting them in the middle of the room(in their container) in hopes that the sound and sight of them will entice your beardie.Put out a bowl of worms,favorite feeders,food,etc..
Check every crack and crevice,even ones you wouldn't imagine them getting into(shoes,etc..).
They are drawn to electrical cords in corners and behind dressers.

Good Luck

Dawn

Tarkah

Close the door to the room he was in and place a towel underneath it. That way if he is still in the room he wont leave it and be harder to find.

Being a baby and scared im guessing he'll still be in the room. Look carefully, most of the time people go crazy and look half hazardly.

When mine got lost i almost tore up the carpets, but once I sortof had the "oh i give up" attitude and just looked lazily there he was tucked up in my purse.

My water dragon baby got loose once too, found him at the top of the curtain rod.

Look in dark cozy places they can curl up in.

NickZafo

My beardie tends to explore for a little then find the hottest spot in the room... which happens to be in the back of my computer. He’ll climb the cables and get to the power supply that reaches about 110 degrees. Needless to say I blocked that off lol

Krisymof2

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No luck tonight. Maybe tomorrow. Going to put a ligh out first thing in the morning when he might be coldest and to stimulate morning sunlight. Crossing my fingers because I'm heartbroken. :(

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Oh I am sorry to hear about your escapee.Try not to panic hopefully he will turn up soon.Did you check all the shoes?I know they tend to hide in sometimes.Another idea is if you have a small tank put it on the floor on its side with a basking lamp set up and some food and a hide he may seek his way to it.

Stephies_Leo _Dragon

Juvie Member
Oh my gosh I just went through this with mine ! It is so stressfull but don't give up. Mine was missing for 6 weeks and I came home from work one day and thier he was asleep in the middle of the floor. I would try cranking up the heat in the house, bring the temp up to like 85 or 88, the warmer it is the more active he will be. It had gotten really warm in the house the day I found mine, I don't know if that was the reason but it's worth a shot. Plus all the other suggestions too. Good luck I hope you find him soon !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom