Please Delete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, can you post some pics of these lesions or fungal areas ? It's usually best not to bathe every day, esp. if it's fungus. I hope Chunky can be helped !

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I can see the small spot on his face....it doesn't look like anything from the pcture. The last couple of pics are dark so I can barely make out the spots. Does he have spots on his back, and if so can you get close up pics of them ? And try to get pics of his tummy with better lighting. It looks like ha has areas of unshed skin.

What is and has his diet been ? Can you also post pics of his set up and list his exact type/brand of bulbs ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Those pics are much better, and yes he has some type of fungus. Ask the vet to do a skin scraping to be tested, and be sure this vet is really experienced with reptiles. I don't have any knowledge of colloidal silver helping fungal infections, one of the mods. [ Dache613 ] recommends it for some things but I'm not familiar with it's use. You can get some betadine to mix with water until it looks like iced tea, then apply to those areas. Some people bathe/soak beardies in it to kill the fungus, but it's not conclusive as to the effectiveness. If you do, be sure he doesn't drink it.

How much does he eat ? As much as you give him or does he stop after a few bugs ?

What size is his tank ? Be sure to put up some pics of it. The uvb lighting is questionable, the coil/compact needs to be pretty close, 8-10" and even then it only offers a small area of uvb. You're better off getting a Reptisun long tube t5 for a light that sits on top of the screen, or a Reptisun t8 if it's mounted inside a short tank. The 75 watt heat bulb might be fine but the red light is not good, disrupts sleep and at 150 watts would be too hot for night temps. If your temps. don't go below 68 at night you don't need extra heat. If you do need heat at night, go with a CHE [ ceramc heat emitter ] that produces heat but no light.

Hoping that your boy can get a diagnosis + start to feel better. Oh, and some people may think the yellow on his stomach is fungus, but that looks like natural color that some citrus dragons have. It's the black lesions that are of concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom