Pinworms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Please keep us updated on what Tracie says if you PM her - I'm interested to hear on whether or not you should medicate and how to do the probiotics.

Poor Norbert... I hope he feels better. Sometimes I wonder if the shedding doesn't stress them out just enough to allow the parasite levels to escalate.

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I never thought about the shedding being the cause of more parasites, but it seems logical. I'll PM Tracie now and be sure to keep you guys updated on what she says. I ordered the Panacur and the probiotic just in case. I figured even if I don't use it right now it'll last up to a year, and it's good to have around anyway. :)

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Tracie suggested that the problems I've been having with his appetite and over sleeping could actually be brumation. I didn't even think of that, being summer and all here, but I guess it's possible. She also said that it's possible for him to brumate at 6 months, which I didn't know. Im still PMing Tracie back and forth, and still not sure if Im going to treat the pinworms (being that there were only 3 on the whole slide and Tracie said that is a low amount). I'll probably hold off medicating for now, at least until Im sure what's going on. He's still gaining weight though, which is great! :) He weighed in today at 349 grams, up from 325 five days ago.

wilddanny88

Juvie Member
I also had no idea they could brumate at that age! I don't think I can say the same for Guy though. I'm ordering the DIY kit tonight and Guy has been pretty lethargic and his poop stinks to high heaven! :puke:

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I forget if you said or not, but how old is Guy? Tracie also said that my Norbert could just be slowing down. That he's reaching an age where they slow down a little with eating and become a little lazier.

You should definitely check for parasites, always good to check. :) But Im thinking Tracie is probably right and this is either the beginnings of a late summer brumation or just an altogether slow down.

wilddanny88

Juvie Member
Guy is nearly 4 months old. I really don't have an official DOB but I got him in early April and he was a hatchling. :dontknow:

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yeah I'd say between 4-5 months old then because (depending on where you got him) breeders don't usually sell them until they're 6 weeks old.

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I've seen the tiniest babies at Petsmart, its so ridiculous. I was in one a couple weeks ago and one baby look like it had just been hatched! And it was in with a bunch of bigger ones. It was really upsetting. The little guy was so adorable, and not a stress mark on him! If I had the money for the supplies right now I would have bought him.

And congrats on the kit! You'll love it, its really neat. :)

wilddanny88

Juvie Member
Just got done testing and Guy's poop was COMPLETELY CLEAN(except for a few coccidia which is to be expected). :blob5: Clean poop dance! :blob8:

ynevar

Juvie Member
So did you end up using the Panacur? I just got the DIY test kit, and lo and behold pinworms. The vet had said there was something else in there, he didn't know what it was. (Guess he didn't bother to look it up?) I am going to print out the chart for him though and bring it in. I am going to ask for a refund on my last fecals. Maybe they'll be nice and give me a credit for the last fecals that I paid for... GRRRRR....

I just ordered Panacur and have the Acidopholiz already. I have to get a scale so I know how much to dose them. I wonder how long it will take to get rid of these darn pinworms....boo

Marcy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom