Pinworms, should I clear her tank?

Shard

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Xion (she-on)
So Xion has pinworms and her substrate is a sand/soil mix. Should I clear out her tank and just go with paper towels until it clears up? Her basking spot is also on top of a wooden structure, I'm wondering if that could also be a possible hotspot for re-transmission. It's a pain to clean too.

I have a feeling she might've caught the pinworms from back when my mom was getting crickets from various pet stores, but just in case is there a way to prevent pinworms in my dubia colony?

Solution
So Xion has pinworms and her substrate is a sand/soil mix. Should I clear out her tank and just go with paper towels until it clears up? Her basking spot is also on top of a wooden structure, I'm wondering if that could also be a possible hotspot for re-transmission. It's a pain to clean too.

I have a feeling she might've caught the pinworms from back when my mom was getting crickets from various pet stores, but just in case is there a way to prevent pinworms in my dubia colony?
Get rid of the sand --- use paper towels for now - get rid of the wooden structure as well - I am not sure if dubias catch pin worms - I have not heard of that one and I have dubias and my dragons have had pin worms / coccidia as well but have not been...

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4

Get rid of the sand --- use paper towels for now - get rid of the wooden structure as well - I am not sure if dubias catch pin worms - I have not heard of that one and I have dubias and my dragons have had pin worms / coccidia as well but have not been reinfected w/ then eating them -- what are you using to clean the tank? You want decor easy to clean - all my decor is a resin material so I can spray it w/ F 10

Solution

Shard

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Xion (she-on)
Update, I decided to just take out the wooden structure for now. She's on paper towel now, deep cleaned the tank, but she doesn't seem to like it. After seeming okay for a bit, basking, eating, etc...she's decided to repeatedly launch herself at the walls? There's no strong smell or anything, I used a 1:1 water & vinegar mix and let it air out. I think she just doesn't like paper towel, since she used to glass surf all the time before I switched to sand/soil mix.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Update, I decided to just take out the wooden structure for now. She's on paper towel now, deep cleaned the tank, but she doesn't seem to like it. After seeming okay for a bit, basking, eating, etc...she's decided to repeatedly launch herself at the walls? There's no strong smell or anything, I used a 1:1 water & vinegar mix and let it air out. I think she just doesn't like paper towel, since she used to glass surf all the time before I switched to sand/soil mix.
The vinegar is not going to disinfect the tank --- please get either some F10 -- Wipe Out or Rescue --

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
You can use F10 to spray the sand as well. Take the poop out and spray that spot with F10. After it dried out, you can put your dragon back in.
That should do the trick.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, the F10 or steaming would be the most effective for disinfecting the tank. For general overall
cleaning, a vinegar water solution is great & is non toxic.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom