Pinworms--question on tretment fo cage,etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
Hi! My 10-12 week old beardies fecal came back from last week. It came back positive for pinworms. The medicine will be ready for us Monday morning (please tell me it isn't too hard to treat and give the medicines to the lizard).
Anyway, the book we have on bearded dragons say this is common in captive beardies.
What else do I need to do to sanitize the cage, his wooden log and his wooden tree branch? Should I scrub and bake the wooden items to help?

Do I need to worry about me, my husband or my kids getting them? So far, only my husband and I have handled his poop. We have had him 4 weeks today.

Also, he is only 24 grams, hopefully the vet gives me the proper dosage for him.
Thanks~!

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
You will want to do daily Deep cleanings ! If you have a steamer you can easily steam clean every surface. When you see poo, clean it up. The cleaner it stays, the less chance of reinfection.
Hope this helps.
Janie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom