Pinkish/orange urates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jade330

Beardie name(s)
Thora
My beardie seemed constipated for about 7 days, longest she ever went without going. When she finally did it was larger and seemed dry and hard at one end but normal. The next day there was pinkish/orange hue in her urate. She's eating well, alert. great mobility, but has been hanging out on her cool side more often. Vet told me to see if it passes. Uhg.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My beardie seemed constipated for about 7 days, longest she ever went without going. When she finally did it was larger and seemed dry and hard at one end but normal. The next day there was pinkish/orange hue in her urate. She's eating well, alert. great mobility, but has been hanging out on her cool side more often. Vet told me to see if it passes. Uhg.
Can you post a pic please

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How often are you giving supplementation & what type do you give?
If urates are off color, that can sometimes due to foods or supplements. What is her age?
You could add some extra oral fluids to help her out & some sugar free applesauce to give some fiber also.

Tracie

fcooper

Hatchling Member
My beardie has had urates that looked similar to this. I showed it to the vet, and he said it was most likely because her temperatures were on the high side, and not to worry. I fixed her temps and it went away.

Jade330

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Thora
Hello,

If urates are off color, that can sometimes due to foods or supplements. What is her age?
You could add some extra oral fluids to help her out & some sugar free applesauce to give some fiber also.

Tracie
Reptivite multi and flukers calcium interchangeably, She's 2. She's eating well, but has been preferring her cooler side for a couple of weeks. She was fine until I introduced phoenix worms about 2 &1/2 weeks ago. Now everything went sideways, She shed a month or so ago except her head, and now that is a dull color and hoping its just a shed coming on. I just want to get her vet, trying to find one that will let me do payments. I'm losing my mind.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Reptivite multi and flukers calcium interchangeably, She's 2. She's eating well, but has been preferring her cooler side for a couple of weeks. She was fine until I introduced phoenix worms about 2 &1/2 weeks ago. Now everything went sideways, She shed a month or so ago except her head, and now that is a dull color and hoping its just a shed coming on. I just want to get her vet, trying to find one that will let me do payments. I'm losing my mind.
yes the poop please

Jade330

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Thora
My beardie has had urates that looked similar to this. I showed it to the vet, and he said it was most likely because her temperatures were on the high side, and not to worry. I fixed her temps and it went

Jade330

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Thora
Yeah I have the digital thermometers attached to the glass. Going to get a more reliable one. The thing is she has been staying on her cooler side so hasn't been overheating. I'm doing everything I can to get her to poop, once I get a sample I'll drop it off at my vet. She isn't glass surfing anymore and I don't know if that's good or bad.

Jade330

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Thora
yes the poop please
The one I have has been in the fridge(I know gross) for 3 days and doesn't look like it did. Trying to get new one. Been 2 days since she went. Baths, belly massage, putting her in the area where the underside tank heater is so she'll lay on it. She used to poop everyday, sometimes skip one day. This all started when I introduced phoenix worms.

Jade330

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Thora
yes the poop please

The one I have has been in the fridge(I know gross) for 3 days and doesn't look like it did. Trying to get new one. Been 2 days since she went. Baths, belly massage, putting her in the area where the underside tank heater is so she'll lay on it. She used to poop everyday, sometimes skip one day. This all started when I introduced phoenix worms.
274915556_723055619100621_9036207328863113515_n.jpg
274915556_723055619100621_9036207328863113515_n.jpg

Jade330

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Thora
Hello,

Tracie
Gave her a bath, belly massage and some apple sauce with a little olive oil. She's on her basking side now so crossing fingers.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is she doing, after her bath & the soft foods? I hope she is feeling better. You can also add in some canned or
fresh pumpkin or sweet potato also. Those foods helps add fiber & naturally flush out the system more.

Tracie

Jade330

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Thora
Hello,

How is she doing, after her bath & the soft foods? I hope she is feeling better. You can also add in some canned or
fresh pumpkin or sweet potato also. Those foods helps add fiber & naturally flush out the system more.

Tracie
Well she had another bowel movement and still that pinkish but not as bad. The vet I talked to had said it could be some mild trauma from when she was constipated. He recommended if it doesn't clear up after a few more BM's, drop off a sample. She's more her old self behavior wise, still eating well, moving around, basking. Eyes are bright. I feel like if there were something really bad going on, I'd be seeing more signs. Thanks for checkin in!:)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is always a possibility, the intestinal area became a little irritated. At least she seems to be feeling better & has a good
appetite. This is definitely a good sign! Since her eyes look nice & bright & she doesn't have a black beard then it sounds like
she will be fine.
Let us know how she is doing! :)

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom