Pinkish/orange urates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jade330

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Thora
Hello,

That is always a possibility, the intestinal area became a little irritated. At least she seems to be feeling better & has a good
appetite. This is definitely a good sign! Since her eyes look nice & bright & she doesn't have a black beard then it sounds like
she will be fine.
Let us know how she is doing! :)

Tracie
Finally relief! She went only a little today but there was NO PINK! I was about to drop off a fecal today when my vet called and said "hold off on it." He believes it is probably the introducing of new feeders/food that may have caused her not having a BM or urates for a week, and the stress of the constipation caused a little trauma. Whereas it's not foul smelling, and she is eating and active, doesn't see it being parasites, and certainly not impaction. He also said when she was staying on her cool side for that week, very well could have been indigestion, but of course by not going to the warm side, she compounded it, IF, anything comes back, and lasts more than a week, or behavior changes we will move to a fecal and x rays but for now, looks ok. Thanks to everybody for caring. Dog issues for me are like breathing, lizards however....bit of a mystery.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is good to hear the urate is looking better now. How is she doing? Sometimes changes in the diet, can cause impaction or
constipation problems so perhaps give her a little more time. Keep her well hydrated daily to help out her kidneys & system as
much as possible. Try to encourage her to bask more so she can digest more easily.
Let us know how she is doing!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom