Pink Urates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melody12

Hatchling Member
Good news! Melody's got pink urates. A few days ago, I noticed Melody eating less, pooping little, and passing urates. Today, she passed a large poop with a pink and white urate. I did read that it could be a sign of getting ready to lay.

I don't have a lay box because every plastic bin with a cover's being used for my dog's food and treats. (We had a War with the Rats lately and I got rid of them.) The only bin she's got is her bath bin and that doesn't have a lid so I can't really give her a lay box until I can get a plastic bin with a lid.

By and by, I laid fresh sifted warm water sand in her tank, on the hot side, placed her hide on the sand and buried half of it to make it look like a cavern. I hope she uses it and feels safe enough. Melody's basking on the hot side on her basking logs. She seems okay with the sand. :)

Melody12

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well yesterday, she didn't lay any in her tank whatsoever so I tried an improvised lay bin with her bath bin, a towel, and a heat light, she gave me a white urate in her lay bin. When she was done, she tried to jump out. Looks like she's not entirely ready for laying.

This morning, her urates were white without any pink and had a huge BM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom