Pink urates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Bandit had been sleeping since the the 10th but decided that she was finally going to wake up this morning to my relief. I fed her 4 butter worms and 3 supers and she decided that's all she's going to touch. About 30 min ago I gave her a bath in the tub and she pooped one of her normal poops that aren't really a whole because as soon as she shoots one out it breaks. Anyways, today her urate was all pink. No white. She hasn't pooped in over a week, would that have something to do with it?

She's being her curious mischievous self so I don't think there's anything really wrong with her, I just don't understand why her urate would be pink.

I have a 40g, proper lighting and proper temps. I know that its not her set up. She doesn't really eat greens. Her main diet is supers dubia occasional horn worms and butters. She's about 8/9 months old ( I believe she's 8 months)

Her poops are still big so I don't believe there's any Infertile eggs. Her belly feels nice and mushy :)

If anyone could shed some light on this, i'll appreciate it.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I've seen this before but it was usually stain because of fruit of some sort, especially strawberries. Because all is good with your setup and I know it is, I'd say wait to see if the next two are the same. It could be because she's been alseep for awhile, but just see what pops out in the next couple of days. And let me know, k?

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yes ma'am. I'm just not going to give her the option of sleeping during the day and hopefully some how increasing her appetite. I wish I took a picture of it but I was just so happy she pooped and I didn't want it sitting in my bath for long. Aaah. Ball of stress she is.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Just wake her up everyday and turn on all her lights. That's what I did with Lonzo this year, he wasn't allowed to brumate at all & last year he was down for 3 mo. He hurt himself and his right lung isn't functioning 100% so that was why he wasn't allowed. He didn't like it for a couple of weeks but now he's awake every am before I even put the lights on. That's all you have to do.

Hopefully the next poops have regular urates and that solves the problem. she might be a big dehydrated, does she drink from a syringe? That would be a good thing to do to hydrate her right up again.

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well her lights have never gone off. She just shuts her eyes and sleeps :/ she doesn't drink from a syringe. The only thing she licks right up would be acidophiliz

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Well, you did your best, mine won't sleep with the lights on, thank goodness, so I can control that part. As for drinking I've had to put a syringe along the side of the mouth to get the mouth open and then depress the syringe to get some water in their mouths. That's worked, but again, I'd suggest daily baths for awhile, or does she get a bath daily already? Can't think of any other reason for pink urates, you'll have to see how the next few poops go, at least she's eating.

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Her second bm was slightly pink but not as bright. Could acidophiliz cause the discoloration if she drank that before she went down?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Maybe, it is bright pink, but as long as her future urates get lighter and lighter, then it's not blood problems, which is great news!

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Soooo since Bandit's been sleeping a while she poked her head out today and I gave her a bath. She strained pretty hard that I was scared she was going to prolapse. Her bm is very.... multicolored. It kinds of looks like the urate has a sac on it? The tip of it was pink which makes me think maybe she ripped herself trying to push it out? It was long. I would say like 5 inches total if I put it in a straight line. But this time I got pics!
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/...81992EF-1256-000001C93894C952_zpsdcd8666a.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/...93BD1D7-1256-000001C93EF5472D_zpsb312f770.jpg

Oki05

Gray-bearded Member
Im sorry this is happening to Bandit aw poor girl. :( she'll make it through this she is a fighter! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom