Piece of scale fell off, now has a small hole on his scales

Status
Not open for further replies.

PudgysMom

Juvie Member
Hi, everyone. Long time no see. Doctor Zhivago Einstein, aka Doc has been doing really great. He did go to the vet with his "cousin" (our frilled dragon, Glider) and they got clean bills of health and clear fecals.

He is eating regularly - no problems (collards, dandelions, mustards, squash, supers, silks, I dust with calcium, etc.)
Acting fine
Getting his regular soaks
NOT on sand (ceramic tile)
Temps are fine (I use digital thermometers)

A while ago I noticed Doc had a little spot on his back area. The vet said it was fine and it was really stuck on there. Today I gave Doc a soak and some of his shed just automatically came off. When I went to put him in his little towel, I saw that this was hanging off of scales and when I went to dry it, it came right off. :shock: He shows no signs of discomfort or pain when I touch it.

Here are photos. It looks bigger here. It's pretty small and it also looks red here, but it's brown:

DocCollage_zpsd050aff1.jpg

What could it be and is it okay to put some Neosporin on it and watch and wait? I left the vet a message so I can email the pictures in to him for a look. Again, Doc shows no signs of any discomfort when I touch it. He's just chilling on his favorite branch. Thanks!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there ! Doc is a good looking hunk of lizard, and very healthy looking. :) I'm not sure what the spot could be from, some small unnoticed trauma or blemish, [ you don't feed him crickets, do you so it's not a cricket bite ? ] but probably nothing serious. I think you did all that you can for now, letting the vet know and putting neosporin on it, or unpasteurized honey will be fine on it. If you bathe him every day, you might limit it to twice a week [ which is plenty for an adult ] so it can stay dry. He's probably fine....like with any wound just keep an eye on it.

PudgysMom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
AHBD":26yh5chj said:
Hi there ! Doc is a good looking hunk of lizard, and very healthy looking. :) I'm not sure what the spot could be from, some small unnoticed trauma or blemish, [ you don't feed him crickets, do you so it's not a cricket bite ? ] but probably nothing serious. I think you did all that you can for now, letting the vet know and putting neosporin on it, or unpasteurized honey will be fine on it. If you bathe him every day, you might limit it to twice a week [ which is plenty for an adult ] so it can stay dry. He's probably fine....like with any wound just keep an eye on it.

Thank you. Nope, NO crickets for my scale babies. :) And he gets soaks 2-3 times a week. I'll put raw, pure honey on it! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom