Pics of my beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazmybd

IMG_2198.jpg

IMG_2211.jpg

IMG_2415.jpg

Hi all,
Finally figured out how to get pics uploaded on here and just wanted to share with everyone. Check out my bd and his tank. I know there is sand in the tank now but I actually just tiled and it looks awesome! I love the tile so much better. I will put new pics of that soon. I have to show you guys my new beardie we just rescued from our neighbers. He was suffering bad from MBD because he was without the UVB light from when he was a baby. He was on his last leg almost ready to die. They were going to throw him in a coffee can and in the garbage!!!!! I couldnt believe that so i rescued him and hooked him up with a nice little 20 long setup. He is doing good now. He actually shed twice already. I have him eating horn worms, silkies and pheonix worms, crix and starting to eat vegies... He is doing much better now. When we got him he was 5 months old and only 5 inches and now after being with us for only 3 weeks he has grown to 8 inches. I will get some pics of him soon.

dolphinsilversea01

Juvie Member
That is a nice set up! How big is the tank in the pics? Looks huge.
Great that you rescued that beardie!! I always try to help those who come into work saying that they can't take care of theirs anymore. I always offer to help find it a good home. Have found good homes for a total of 4 so far.
Can't wait to see pics of the new little guy.

jarett_harrison

Sub-Adult Member
just throw him in the garbage? OMG. I would report that. Thats absolutly horrible.
Congrats on saving him though. But if i was in that situation, i would have called the ASPCA.

tazmybd

Original Poster
yea i know how could sombody do that to a living thing i don't know, i'm just glad that he actually told me that he was going to do that, because i had another set up in my garage from my beardie because i just had moved mine into his 75 gallon and bought all new stuff for his new tank, so i had everything for him a 20 gallon long,basking light, repti carpet and a 24 in repti sun. when i got him he could not walk and would not eat or poo, and he was badly stained from calci sand, but he seems to get better with every shed and you can't really even see it anymore, now he gets a bath every other day and eats everything i offer him and poo's 3 times a day, but his back legs are still in bad shape, he can move them but when he walks he kind of drags them, but when i got him his legs were as skinny as tooth picks, he looks 100 time's better now and is shedding at the moment. just hope his back legs get better, any suggestions on what i could do to get them better, i dust his food with calci powder with d3 5 times a week and dust with vitiamins 2 days a week

bugaboo

Congrats on the rescue! Glad you were able to save him. People who abuse animals and neglect them because they find them a bother should be charged! What is their problem!! Makes me so mad! :angry5: I would rescue one in a heartbeat too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mysticsalten
Top Bottom