Picky adopted beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokindaisy

I adopted a 3 year old beardie who has been with me now 3 days. I understand that he is stressed and probably won't eat for a couple of days, but when should I be worried and what should I feed him to make him want to eat. He has eaten 1 waxwom in 3 days and a little water off my finger today.

Hi,
congrats with your new beardie. I think that offering daily a fresh small salad is ok to start with. Add vitamins to it. Also, keep on offering daily some easy-to-pick insects (like superworms or phoenix worms) with a tweezer. It might be good to keep two or three fixed times a day for this (in the morning, in the afternoon, whatever seems best for you). When it starts to eat the worms, you can start offering crickets and grasshoppers in small amounts, turn up the amount until it eats what it daily needs.

Cheers,
J.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKFA
Top Bottom