Phoenix worms

Status
Not open for further replies.

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Ok, so I'm considering making the switch almost entirely to phoenix worms for the baby. I'm sick of stinky crickets and if I buy bulk phoenix worm's they're still lots cheaper than pet store crickets even if they're twice as much as online crickets. My big kids I've already moved on to roaches, but even at the rate my colony is producing, it's just not enough to feed 2 adults, 1 sub adult, and a baby right now. So how long can I keep them before they start turning into flies? And will large ones be to big for Inara to start on right away (3/8ths inch between the eyes)?

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
No one? Really? I would have thought these pretty simple questions.

AutopsySoldier

Hatchling Member
Let me give this a shot...

I think they last like a month? If not more, I know they have a long shelf life, just add few drops of water when the media they're in starts drying out. I bought mediums and they are TINY! I've read people saying that large wasn't large at all so your dragon should be able to handle them.

Just a heads up that they go by FAST! I had bought 250 at the reptile show in Anaheim and I was out within a couple of days. This was on top of my dragon having a full belly of crickets...there always seems to be enough room for some Phoenix worms though, he went nuts for them!

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you! Yeah, I bought smalls once & they were the size of mosquito larva, so I didn't think larges would be too large, but wanted to be sure. That does scare me a bit, I'm prepared to feed her up to 100 a day, but not crickets/roaches the same day if she eats that many!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom