Phoenix and Titan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! I know that it has been a loooong time that I have been around here. A lot has gone on in my life in the past year or so. I have bought a beautiful house in Arkansas, got out of the Air Force and finally got my husband back from Korea. I have also since rescued a severly abused Australian Shepherd who is a joy to my life and just when I thought things were going my way, my precious Abby cat was diagnosed with diabetes about 3 months ago. It has been a struggle, but I am doing all I can for her. As for the dragons, they are fine. Finally awake from brumation and hormonal as ever. I am using an iPad now and I have not the slightest clue how to post pictures. If anyone has any suggestions for me, I'm happy to hear them. I've missed my beardie family and I'm glad to be back and I look forward to reaquainting myself with old friends and meeting new ones! :blob5:

ChellyBeans

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I only order online. For me, buying locally costs an arm and a leg. As much as I begged them, my two won't get a job so I'm stuck footing the bill for their grub. I'm growing their greens, which they love, but I am considering starting my own Dubia colony and see where that gets me. These dragons and their expensive tastes. :roll:

ChellyBeans

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Tell me this isn't precious. These two are still attached to their windowsills. Lol

Titan
e49bcfc1.jpg

Phoenix
83d9c3d8.jpg

This is her 'Dont freaking take me off this windowsill; I'm not done yet face' lol
725c7512.jpg

NeosMom

Juvie Member
Hey! I've seen that face before!!! As a matter of fact, Figment is giving me super stink eye with black beard right now. He is soooooo not happy about his lack of worms. Ha! Ha!

I've been considering Linda's Gone Buggie or Mulberry Farms... Get a value pack and let them sample different types of worms and then investigate more breeding. I live in the perfect climate. If it crawls, it breeds here. Almost no effort. So, we shall see. The ultimate goal is 100% self-sustaining by winter (that's bugs & greens)'

ChellyBeans

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I'd like to have both, but I don't want it to be ridiculously time consuming, you know? I just want the ability to not have to worry when their worms will arrive.

NeosMom

Juvie Member
I know what you mean, but I have absolutely no life at all. So, who cares. ROTFL Work 60 hrs a week. Nag my son about homework. Take my son to bowling tournaments every few weeks. Beardie time. And crochet. Yeah... bugs sound like fun. Something to do anyway.

I am going to make a terrific "crazy old lady in the house on the corner" someday. I totally can't wait to retire and do that full time. :mrgreen:

zoiesmom

Your babies are precious! I love Titan's coloring, and Phoenix's markings are incredible.
I know you're happy to get settled in and have your hubby home. Is he USAF, too? Thank you for your service! :) My hubby is ex-USAF. He was an F-16 and Stealth crew chief in the 1st Gulf War. :mrgreen:

ChellyBeans

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Neo, you'll make for a wonderful crazy beardie lady! I bet all of the dragons will have their own adorable crochet sweaters too. Lol

Zoie, thanks a bunch. I really got lucky with my babies! My husband is in the AF. He's going on 14 years. For now, I'm taking it easy and trying to get over my PTSD so that I can spend a year in Afghanistan as a civilian and run an airfield out yonder. :D

ChellyBeans

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Mr. Titan had some energy today!

1fe8d71d.jpg

f3414c40.jpg

00df4b06.jpg

It was a lot of fun to see him finally running around today. Now he's pooped. :D
bb46a306.jpg

SargeUSMC

Hatchling Member
a cat hide! cute..........he's a handsome fella......how old??

I'd be afraid to let my lizard just run around the house.......maybe on a leash with a long lead.........and of course the 1st time he poops on one of my wife's rugs or something, that would be the end of that.

ChellyBeans

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I always take them out after poop time and I've never had any accidents, but if I did, I wouldn't be mad. I have hardwood flooring/tile downstairs. So any mess would be easy to clean. Titan is about 3 years old. I love him to pieces!

Letting him run around keeps me sane though. When he gets to glass dancing, I get sad and he can only ride on my shoulder for so long, you know. You'd be surprised at all of the energy they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom