PetSmart Wood Accessories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spike1etta

Hatchling Member
While browsing in the reptile section today I noticed that their "Driftwood" was cedar sections, still smelled of cedar too.

Bark hides were pine.

Both carried their line name "All Living Things"
Manager pulled them when I showed her. But no telling how many other stores have the same merchandise.

Jaskotch

Juvie Member
I've seen discussions of All Living Things driftwood on fish forums. The pictures I saw of it there looked like mopani wood, which is good in aquariums [but I like to boil it first in that application]. I have a small piece in my viv, think I just scrubbed it good. Can't remember now if it had an odd smell off the shelf or not. Although I can't find anything on the company, I think they've been supplying driftwood for reptiles for a number of years. I'd be surprised to see cedar used :eek: - grape wood, I've seen, mopani, but never cedar... that's weird...

Spike1etta

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The Mopani is by ZooMed

This is smooth, river walk type of stuff with just a label. Manager said it was a new product/distributor and had questions about it before I even brought up the fact that it smelled and looked like cedar.

joea

Hatchling Member
Jaskotch":29fyw90v said:
Kirbi looks mighty fine perched atop that very nice piece of mopani!
Thanx :D I need to do a on the top photo again with helping hands to support her. She is sleeping a lot now. She gets out of her hide for a bit but doesn't eat. I weighed her today & she lost 10 more grams since 6/29. I gave her a bath & a watery slurry of alfalfa powder, bee-pollen, vitamins, calcium, bene-bac+, very small amounts of echinacea powder & GSE. I hope she is ok. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom