Petition for petsmart and pet co!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Freddiemom":14ce6 said:
Another Idea-beardeddragon.org has the facebook site-Can we post a plea for sigs on there, too?

I would guess so? And thank you everybody, we still need more people!!

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Ok just and update!!!! I am already in contact with the ASPCA and they are also contacting the local reptile society here in town! They are also linked national wide!! I also contacted the Humane Society of the United States, I was on this the other night!!! I am also contacting Ark, One way or another WE WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!! :angry5: Again thank you everybody!! Every person counts!! The more the better!!!

Freddiemom

Juvie Member
Are you gonna post the link for the petition on the face book site or are you guys cookin up something else? I would be happy to take care of that. Just let me know how you want to do it.

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Lance-That is awesome that you were able to get in touch with the ASPCA, I knew there were units all over the country, but wasn't sure how many and how connected. If we get these sigs, letters, etc, I would also like to include a Wisconsin owned chain (5 or 6 stores) called Pet World Warehouse. That chain is independant and growing fast, with large stores and horrible care of their animals. I know you also have experience with other reptiles besides beardies, myself with Mountain horned dragons as well, we also know a few geck experts and snake experts on another forum. I think we need to include all species and try to push the issue of proper care and husbandry (correct info) for all of them.

Liz, I think the face book idea is great! More and more views, more and more sigs!

Lance, let us know how else we can help!

Oh another thought, anyone who can DISCRETELY get pics of vivs/reptiles/substrate/food dishes, that can be helpful too. DON'T GET THROWN OUT OF A STORE THOUGH!!! Just tell them you want a couple pics of a couple different lizards or snakes to show the boyfriend, girlfriend, spouse, friend to help you decide which you like to make a decision. If they have any clue that you are taking pics for other reasons, they'll toss you to the curb! Remember a PIC is worth a thousand words!

Freddiemom

Juvie Member
I can't believe we are really doing this. We ROCK!! I think it's a great idea to include all reptiles in this. I don't know much about other species but it would be awesome if we could find more people who do. Does anyone know of other sites like this one for other reptiles we could bother? I'm gonna contact the Fox Valley herp society-Thanks Lance for that idea!!!

As a new member to the beardie world I go to petsmart and almost everything that they have said was the best has been terrible. I bought the "best" light for uvb which was the reptiglo but now its made my beardie sick and I have this website to thank for helping me correct all of petsmarts mistakes the pet co and petsmart here doesnt have too many in one tank like around you they are btter about it just to let u all know its not as bad

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thank you guys and gals!! And sandy great idea with the pictures and videos!! And I have some connections with the ASPCA!! Freddiemom yes if you have more it will help!! We will get these chain stores to clean up their everything in reptiles!! Every bit is gonna count if we are going to hit them where it hurts!! THAT'S WHAT THEY NEED!!! :angry5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom