Petco carries Calci Worms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
I wanted to post this last night but the site went down in the middle of my post.
Anyway, I was at Petco the other day and saw they had something called calci worms. They let me open a container and see what they look like--they look identical to phoenix worms!! They charge a lot ---$4 for 25. But at least it is an alternative for my caregivers if the worms run out while I am away.
Here is the calci worm website (currently only the nutrient analysis and FAQ seems to be working, and their home page of course): http://www.calciworms.com

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
They don't have any chitin! They are soft bodied worms. i held one in my hand and it looked EXACTLy (size and all) like the medium Phoenix worms I have from phoenixworms.com. I think they can't call them phoenix worms on their container because they didn't come from that source. I think it is great that 1 pet store is getting the idea on the right worms to sell (the manager even said she didn't understand why they sold mealworms--which by the way or mini mealworms any better for the dragons?)

Laura123

Hatchling Member
They are the same as "phoenix worms." They are both hermetia illucens. I cant wait til I can buy them locally!

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
I've bought them in a pinch, but they are terribly expensive!! $4 for 25 is crazy. You can get them from the original source for 100 $6, shipped.
The calci worms are also packaged in dirt, which is gross when they get wet. I prefer the originals, hands down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom