Petco $1 Gallon Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

z71

The Petco $1 per gallon sale is currently going on. I just purchased a 40g for $40 at our local Petco. The ad said the sale ends next week.

I found out about the sale on a turtle forum after doing some various google searches and based on that information, it appears to be nationwide! This sale only happens about twice a year so if you've been looking for a new tank, now is the time!

littlesavedgirl

Hatchling Member
I'm in Illinois and just got my 40 gallon breeder tank also for the $1 per gallon, I know she would probably last another month in her smaller viv but at that price I figured I should just get it now. Great Deal :D

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Is that just on aquariums, or does it include the terrariums also? The aquariums are more narrow and higher than the terrariums.. Just curious!

drgnfly2265

Sub-Adult Member
I got both of my 40G breeder tanks during that sale last time. That is one of the best deals around :mrgreen:

littlesavedgirl

Hatchling Member
I saw some more narrow ones at Petco but it's not all tanks, just the ones that are the generic brand. It seems to include a variety of sizes, again mine is a 40 gallon breeder. I know the local lizard store wanted over $100 for that size. :D

drgnfly2265

Sub-Adult Member
littlesavedgirl":wbprbnyu said:
I saw some more narrow ones at Petco but it's not all tanks, just the ones that are the generic brand. It seems to include a variety of sizes, again mine is a 40 gallon breeder. I know the local lizard store wanted over $100 for that size. :D

I think the original price on a 40G breeder tank at Petco is around $100 also

scubasteve25

Juvie Member
after tax i got my 40gal breeder for 43 and some change, i found out about the sale by chance , me and my gf were going to petco to look at the dragons and happened to see it. awesome deal we are going tmrw to get a smaller tank to use as a feeding tank.

z71

Original Poster
I'm glad I remember to post this. I bought my tank last Saturday and didn't join the forum until the middle of the week. Reading all the posts about people needed to upgrade their tanks reminded me!

Some states, including here in Ohio, require sales tax to be collected on the regular price as opposed to the sale price. This kinda sucks as I ended up playing over $7 in sales tax on a $40 tank. I just wanted to mention that in case it comes up. People on the other forum were mentioning the same thing in various states.

I was trying to talk my wife into a 20g for my daughter's hermit crabs (currently in a 10g) but I haven't had any luck yet...

MrWhite

Sub-Adult Member
do you know if this sale is a "nation wide" sale? I didn't see it posted on their website. I need another 20L at some point (no hurry) and figured I would pick one up at my local Petco if they were having this sale.

thanks

MrWhite

Sub-Adult Member
ok, I answered my own question .... it's a nation wide sale and I think it ends 7/23. I'll be picking up my 20L tank today, they have 2 of them. :)

littlesavedgirl

Hatchling Member
The brand of my tank is Aqueon, this week ends the sale for the $1 per gallon tank sale. So hurry in for yours, and just knowing I saved $60 on mine , is enough gratification for the rest of the year! :blob8: :blob5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom