Pet store rescue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sierra1167

Hatchling Member
I posted earlier in ER about the starved beardie I rescued from a local pet store. He is eating very well(wonder why :( ) and seems to be happy in his new home. Because this wasn't planned, and I had to pay $60 bail, I have had to scramble to get a tank together for him. I think he is pleased though. Here he is hanging out on his rock. You can see how thin the poor little guy is. The second is of the tank. He has quite the personality already.
IMAG0244.jpg

IMAG0245.jpg

Luthien

Juvie Member
Congrats on your rescue and welcome to the forum!!

It's so sad what these little guys can go through sometimes, I hope you enjoy your new beardie as they are wonderful pets and you can get very attached to them.

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
I'm so happy that he found you. Thank you for rescuing him and welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing pictures of his growth and happy antics with you.

-Kaleen

Sierra1167

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you all. I actually have been a member for about a year. I guess I need to post more. :wink: Anyway, Dude took his first poop(all over me :puke: ) and it was runny and full of sand and then pooped a bit more an hour or so later in his tank. I am going to give him the Panacur this week. My new neighbor works for a vet that sees exotics, so I am going to ask her if he may take payments or give a discount since he is a rescue.

Luthien

Juvie Member
ooo ya that could be a good thing, they had him on sand?!?!? Dumb pet store, apparently they don't deal with Beardies much

Sierra1167

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yep. Sand, no food in the bowl or any crickets to be seen,(he said they were fed in the morning and this was 530pm), two male beardies I estimate to be at least 3-4 months old in a tank about 3/4 the size of a 10 gallon, coil uvb, and a red heat lamp at night. :evil:

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Sierra1167":323t6hmo said:
Yep. Sand, no food in the bowl or any crickets to be seen,(he said they were fed in the morning and this was 530pm), two male beardies I estimate to be at least 3-4 months old in a tank about 3/4 the size of a 10 gallon, coil uvb, and a red heat lamp at night. :evil:
That just makes me ill. The old owners should be forced to live in the same conditions as punishment!

-Kaleen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom