Permanently Stunted Growth??

Status
Not open for further replies.

xJaZx

Hatchling Member
I got a lil female I would say close to two months ago. She was about 7 months when I got her and is now coming up on being about 9 months. She has definatly grown a LITTLE bit since I've had her, however not much at all. She is TEENY compareds to my almost 5 1/2 month old male. They are the same length (however he has maybe an inch or so tail nip). He is MUCH more filled out and pretty stocky looking. She has very skinny arms/legs and even her lil feet. Most of her length is all tail. She is pretty lanky looking. She is just about 15 1/2 inches long nost to tail. I know they grow, up until around 2 years old. I am just worried that her growth is permanently stunted from her previous care.

She is under an MVB, correct temps (measured with a digi & probe), currently in a 40 gal breeder tank, which is plenty big enough for her. She has tons of room to run around. She is on a diet of medium super worms, occasional wax worms & fairly regular pheonix worms & I will be getting them some butter worms too. Daily salad consists of mustard greens among other veggies and fruit for treats. Her night time supers are dusted with calcum daily and multivitamin about twice a week. I was hoping to be able to breed them atleast a couple times in the future. I am worried that she will not grow big enough for it. Is it possible that she is just not in a growth-spurt stage? She has only shed once since I have had her as well (within 1 1/2-2 months).

peera

Sub-Adult Member
I have a little girl I'm going through the same thing with. I hate to say it, but while we can get them to grow by giving them proper husbandry now, nothing is ever going to make up for the growing time they missed out on and they'll never live up to what they could have been with proper husbandry to begin with. If your girl has good genes and big parents, she might get big enough to breed, but I wouldn't put to many eggs in that basket.

Dave94

Gray-bearded Member
my girl was the size of a hatchie at 6months (5inches) and is now 13months 18-19inches long, she will probably stay that length as a adult now, but some dragons are just small, Kirby is another aussie and a 7year old he has is 14inches and is in perfect health.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom