People Suck!

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
Hope this is allowed because I really need to vent and it is related to bearded dragons (and in this case a tegu and guinea pig). So our story begins about 4 weeks ago. I had sliced the bottom of my foot open and it got infected. I went to the doctors and was placed on antibiotics and the wound was bandaged. I was supposed to go back for a follow up in 7 days after the course of meds. Well I came down with COVID and had to push it off. Well the infection got worse in that 10 days. I went to the doctor for that follow up after 12 days and was sent straight to the ER. Long story short I was admitted and spent 7 days in the hospital getting meds and having my foot operated on. While I was down and out my sister (who is a medical professional with a 3 year old daughter and thus a very busy woman) helped me out by feeding and watering my animals for me while I was in hospital. Now she feed them and turned lights on and off ect. everyday but didn't notice my beardie has a habit on throwing his veggies all over the enclosure and hiding them in his hide. No biggie but someone (and I know exactly who this was and a day of reckoning will be coming) decided to call animal control and reported me for not taking care of my animals and said I was keeping them in dirty and unsafe conditions. So I get home from the hospital and see the mess and sweep out all the dried out veggies and all was well. The next day I get a visit from the local animal control officer who had photos of the messy enclosure in hand. The officer came and looked at all 3 animals and I explained the situation. He understood completely and said well the animals are all very healthy and their enclosures are now spotless so case closed (he even asked to take a photo with my tegu lol). Anyway the fact someone would do that while someone is in the hospital and the fact this person is a "family" member (in law actually) was the cherry on top of this poop sandwich. Some freaking people.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hope this is allowed because I really need to vent and it is related to bearded dragons (and in this case a tegu and guinea pig). So our story begins about 4 weeks ago. I had sliced the bottom of my foot open and it got infected. I went to the doctors and was placed on antibiotics and the wound was bandaged. I was supposed to go back for a follow up in 7 days after the course of meds. Well I came down with COVID and had to push it off. Well the infection got worse in that 10 days. I went to the doctor for that follow up after 12 days and was sent straight to the ER. Long story short I was admitted and spent 7 days in the hospital getting meds and having my foot operated on. While I was down and out my sister (who is a medical professional with a 3 year old daughter and thus a very busy woman) helped me out by feeding and watering my animals for me while I was in hospital. Now she feed them and turned lights on and off ect. everyday but didn't notice my beardie has a habit on throwing his veggies all over the enclosure and hiding them in his hide. No biggie but someone (and I know exactly who this was and a day of reckoning will be coming) decided to call animal control and reported me for not taking care of my animals and said I was keeping them in dirty and unsafe conditions. So I get home from the hospital and see the mess and sweep out all the dried out veggies and all was well. The next day I get a visit from the local animal control officer who had photos of the messy enclosure in hand. The officer came and looked at all 3 animals and I explained the situation. He understood completely and said well the animals are all very healthy and their enclosures are now spotless so case closed (he even asked to take a photo with my tegu lol). Anyway the fact someone would do that while someone is in the hospital and the fact this person is a "family" member (in law actually) was the cherry on top of this poop sandwich. Some freaking people.
Well I am glad everything worked out but I am not understanding why they would do that- I am glad your feeling better

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Wow dude! That seriously sucks. Sorry to hear about all that craziness!

And yes, it’s absolutely allowed here. As long as things stay PG-13, general chat, venting, joking around, etc… that’s what the “Off Topic” forum is for. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom