Peeing and pooping separately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marhvee

Hi! New beardie owner here, my little 6-month-old has been with me for about 4 days now. I expect him to have a bit of diarrhea due to relocation stress, but I've noticed that he'll tend to produce a urate (soft white chunk with liquid around it) first and then actually poop a while later. For example, yesterday, he produced a urate and then properly pooped about 20 minutes later, and today, it appeared he peed twice (once at around maybe 2 PM and then once again at around 6 PM) before pooping at around 7:30 PM. His first poop was a bit soft (not liquid-y or runny) but this second one was quite solid. Basically, his urates and his poops appear pretty normal otherwise, but I'm not sure why he isn't just producing both at the same time. Is this normal?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That may be normal for him. Since he's still settling into a new home and routine, I'd just keep an eye on it for a few weeks. If everything continues to look normal then I wouldn't worry about it. You may find that once he is on a routine and stable diet, things may become a bit more regular and you'll see a bit more of a pattern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rollerboy
Top Bottom