Peat moss, play sand, and clay mix substrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peachy114

Beardie name(s)
Coco
Hello! So I wanted to change my beardie's substrate and I moved from it being a clay and sand mix to a clay, sand, and peat moss mix. I'm a bit worried now and I was wondering if it will harbor bacteria. Do I add top soil and make it a bioactive or is the substrate ok?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You can add a little topsoil if you like, are you going to mix it in with what you have ? How does your dragon like it so far ? Do you have any clean up crew insects like isopods or darkling beetles in there ? You can still spot clean the substrate, use a spoon or ladle spoon for that. Do you have any pics of Coco in the enclosure ? :)

Peachy114

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Coco
I was going to make a new batch of clay, sand, and top soil mix if I had to and Right now it seems as if she doesn't seem to mind it much, though I haven't observed her for very long. I currently dont have any isopods, but I can put in Dubia roaches in there (if that counts) and I'll take some pictures of her once I get home! I'm saving up to buy a bigger tank off Amazon since my local petstore doesn't sell tanks over the size of 50 gallons. Thank you so much for responding!

Peachy114

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Coco
20220307_170458.jpg

Here is her tank. I'm planning on upgrading to a bigger tank hopefully when summer hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom