Pealing scales???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. Recently I have noticed on Rasputin’s head that he has some weird dark spots and tonight it looks like they are pealing off? I thought I would get it wet thinking it is stuck shed but the spots are hard and he pulls away when I brush them. Anyone know what they are? I will provide photos. Thank you.
107958-9475808064.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

They almost look like scratches or bites. It does look like there is some shed there, but the dark areas are iffy. And if it is an injury, that would explain him pulling away. I know you just recently got them, did you notice it earlier or just now? If it is just shed, you don't need to try to help them out. The shed will fall off on it's own. Trying to help can expose raw skin that isn't ready, and that can lead to infections.

If it is an injury though, you really should separate them so that it can heal without getting worse or infected. Putting some raw unpasteurized honey will help keep it clean and heal if it's an injury.

-Brandon

Wolfverliebt

Original Poster
Claudiusx":xk2v8bqy said:
Hi there,

They almost look like scratches or bites. It does look like there is some shed there, but the dark areas are iffy. And if it is an injury, that would explain him pulling away. I know you just recently got them, did you notice it earlier or just now? If it is just shed, you don't need to try to help them out. The shed will fall off on it's own. Trying to help can expose raw skin that isn't ready, and that can lead to infections.

If it is an injury though, you really should separate them so that it can heal without getting worse or infected. Putting some raw unpasteurized honey will help keep it clean and heal if it's an injury.

-Brandon
I will definitely try and separate them. I just started to notice the dark areas yesterday and the peeling today. I’ll just keep an eye on it for now and get some raw honey for it. Thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom