Pawpaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grixxly15

Gray-bearded Member
I'm not really a fan of pawpaw but will eat a fruit or two during the pawpaw season. I normally just eat them out fishing and never take any home. Well I took some home to feed to hunter after finding out that they have a very good Ca:p ratio to give to hunter to try. Turns out he likes them more then me :D I got him to eat a few slithers of this fruit. If anyone lives in Eastern United states you should give pawpaw a try IMO. You can find this fruit growing around rivers and creeks, maybe even lakes. They grow in groves and are very easy to find. It's always fun to try out new food for your beardies :D

Grixxly15

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
It taste a lot like a banana but has the texture of a mango, maybe an avocado. Between the two I guess. The ones that are ripe should mush pretty easy with a gentle squeeze. They are related to a papaya and kind of look like them to but a lot smaller. Not all of the trees bare fruit all though they grow in big groves so once you find the grove finding fruit is not that hard. They will grow some black stuff on the fruit but that's ok it does not hurt the fruit. I think the ones with the black stuff on it taste better anyways. Here is a picture so you know what to look for if you ever decided to go looking for them.
paw-paws.jpg
You can't get more Organic then eating wild fruit. Most people don't like the taste though, it's an acquired taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubhomes1
Top Bottom