Parasites again????

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I treated my girl for parasites and pin worms when i first got her (she was a baby maybe a couple months old). A few months ago the vet said she still had them real bad. I had her on paper towel. Soaked her daily. Deep cleaned her tank daily. Was on top of her meds. Like i did everything perfect to treat her. Took her back and they said her stool was clean...they were gone! So then today i noticed you was laying under her basking log looking kind of sluggish. She has not pooped in 3 days so i soaked her. Just now she let out a very watery and god awful smelling poop. She seems much better and is acting normal. Could this be parasites again? How could she get it AGAIN?! i don't feed her crickets and keep her tank very clean. Help! (She's 8-9 months old if that helps any).

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Basking temps and UVB are the main way of keeping them away ---- what are you feeding her? Watery stools can be caused by things like too many green peppers cucumbers lettuce (reg) carrots things that have a lot of water in them -- is the smell enough to drive you from the room -- is she eating ?
Karrie

hellabombskies

Original Poster
KarrieRee":8stzpicr said:
Basking temps and UVB are the main way of keeping them away ---- what are you feeding her? Watery stools can be caused by things like too many green peppers cucumbers lettuce (reg) carrots things that have a lot of water in them -- is the smell enough to drive you from the room -- is she eating ?
Karrie

Her uvb and basking temps are perfect. She eats collard greens...mustard greens...the occasional sweet peppers and carrots....dubia roaches and meal worms (occasional).

It smelled awful enough for me to gag..that never happens.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
We'll call your vet ask if you can drop a fecal off for testing of parasites-- go from there
Karrie

hellabombskies

Original Poster
KarrieRee":v4qkg5nc said:
We'll call your vet ask if you can drop a fecal off for testing of parasites-- go from there
Karrie

The thing is last i checked 3 months ago she was cured. What could bring them on again??

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I am not sure- Tracie and ahbd would need to address that question-- let's hope they respond tonight
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's possible she was reinfected at some point or that the levels dropped and then bounced back up. It's probably best to have another sample checked but it isn't necessarily parasites. It could be that she was just a bit backed up or had an upset stomach which happens from time to time. If the poops continue to be messy and overwhelmingly smelly over the next couple of weeks, I'd have another sample checked. If it's an upset stomach then it usually resolves on its own or with dietary adjustments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom