paralisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

snuffel

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No there was nothing pressing on his nerves, that is what the vets origional thought was but that is not the case because he has had several small poos, since then, but they are not the right colour varying from slightly red-white-light borwn almost beigeish.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Are you using sand as a substrate ? That color is close to what the poo from a dragon I am sitting had the first night ( he was on calci-sand, changed to reptile carpet, now on paper towels since his fecal exam came back positive for pin worms)
Janie.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Did the vet do a fecal on him?
That color of stool sounds like he may have hookworms as they do tend to tear up the intestinal tract & irritate it enough to cause some bleeding with the stool. It is quite serious & can greatly affect their health. If you have not gotten a fecal done, that is my recommendation to determine the cause of the blood in the stool.
A heavy infestation of worms or parasites will affect the stools, too as far as the size or consistency.

Tracie

snuffel

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
we did not get a fecal done as i did not have enough money at the time after paying over £350 for the white blood cell count and the x-ray , medicines and the vet consultation fee. It is odd, how the rest of his body is alright. There is a little bit of sand in the vivarium calci sand, but only in the sleeping area, he doesn't eat it. I also have a sort of bark substrate. Which is mite free.

snuffel

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i didnt mention he hasn't eaten much over the last few days, about 7 wax worms as that si the onyl thing he will eat. but that has been over a week, up to 3 on somedays and none on others. as that si the only thing he will eat i have been covering them with powder. (vitamin) nutrobal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom