paralasis + lack of appetite - appears to be on last legsURG

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmundale

Male bearie, 3 years old - new to our family
he and his mate came to us with symptoms of MBD
since they arrived we've been gutloading crickets with Calcium and had them under a good UV, and the female has shown alot of progress.
The male on the other hand seems to be going down hill
- started with one front leg being paralized, now seems to have spread to all of his limbs
- very lethargic, doesnt run around the enclosure like he used too

Any ideas on what we can do for him? my wife and i are very concerned that hes not going to make it. Thanks for your help.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

First, I think you should separate them, if you have not already. He does need to be housed alone if he is not feeling well or doing well.
Is he interested in food, at all?
What type & brand of UVB Light are you using, is it a flourescent tube bulb or a compact or coil light?
Does he appear dehydrated? I suggest starting with very low protein foods such as making a slurry from babyfoods such as squash babyfood, chicken or turkey babyfood & some pedialyte mixed with that along with some calcium. If he is dehydrated you do not want to start with too much protein in case his kidneys may have a hard time processing it.
Has he gone to the bathroom yet? If so, what do the urates look like, are they hard, soft, white or discolored?
Can you post a picture of him, for us?

Tracie

dreshany

Hatchling Member
I would suggest getting some liquid calcium for them both. You could probably buy it from your vet.
Is it possible that the male is impacted? has he been pooping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshG88
Top Bottom