Overfed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floydy

I think i may have overfed my beardie with crickets. Cant be bothered to say how that happened but he has had more than he would usually. Now after the feeding he is just in the corner with his head on the side and not looking anywhere just not mmoving. He breathes at random and sometimes quite hard. This may not be urgent but i am quite worried.

HELP APPRECIATED

LJean

Extreme Poster
Are the crickets too large for him, or he just ate too many?
Beardies can eat quite a lot of bugs in one sitting. As long as your temps are good and he will bask, he should be ok.
You can help him a bit by keeping him hydrated too.

Floydy

Original Poster
Nope they were defiantly not too big. He is directly under the lamp at the minute, so shall I just give him a spray?

LJean

Extreme Poster
You can. If he is basking, I think he will be ok. My dragon could eat me out of bugs in no time.

Floydy

Original Poster
Just sprayed him there, he shot off and looks normal again. Just get worried all the time...Thanks :D

Poisoned1

Gray-bearded Member
I am just curious

How old is he?
How many crickets did he eat?
How many crickets does he usually eat?

LJean

Extreme Poster
LOL.. Maybe he is just hungry today. Some of those juvies can eat over 100 a day. (depending on the size of the bugs)

Poisoned1

Gray-bearded Member
Floydy":84d1f said:
Nearly 3 months, must have had about 60 today :shock:

Normally has around 40-45ish
Okay that's good to hear usually I hear someone who only feeds them 10 crickets a day

jjkc

I have two babies and they polish of at least 100 crickets a piece and few phoniex worms to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sohaiko
Top Bottom