Over feeding my adult beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeardedSaint

Hatchling Member
So I've seen that quite a lot of people only give their beardie 3-5 Large roaches a-day and I didn't know this until a few days ago & I've just been giving her around 15-30 medium roaches (most of the large ones die due to how humid it is here not much I can do) now i'm worried I might be over feeding her, and could this be why she occasionally eats her veggies?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah she will wait for the bugs more likely. Adults don't need so much protein in their diet because they aren't growing as much so reducing bug meals to once or twice per week (I still offer as much as they want during the meal) and offering a nice big varied salad every day is best for an adult.

TheBeardedSaint

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":g0yhdb68 said:
Yeah she will wait for the bugs more likely. Adults don't need so much protein in their diet because they aren't growing as much so reducing bug meals to once or twice per week (I still offer as much as they want during the meal) and offering a nice big varied salad every day is best for an adult.

Okay thank you.

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
i have always allowed my beardie to eat as much as she wants. in give her greens every morning and blue berries as a treat but she will eat A LOT, her average day is a green bean with a couple blue berries in the morning along with 5-8 large adult roaches (say about 1.5-2" in size), then through out the day while I'm at work she pecks at her pellets and kale i leave out for her, at night before bed she will often eat another 4 or so roaches along with 15 or so meal worms. she will eat like this for 3 or so days, have a lighter day where she only eats a few roaches and maybe 50 or so worms but then goes right back to eating like a horse...

she is still growing and is gaining weight at a slow but steady pace. i figured she would be fat by now but i guess she is active enough. i figure she runs/walks about 1/4 mile a day around the house here, climbing and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom