Over fed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessicaLuck

Hatchling Member
My baby beardie at almost 50 crickets this am. I just kept dropping them in one at a time and she ate them. All with in 10 mintues. She was not hungry tonight and her belly seems big. Is she going to be ok? boy this beardie parenting is tough and stressful

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
When they are younger, they can eat quite a bit because they need all the calories and protein for growing.

jessicaLuck

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So i shouldnt stress that she has a "cricket" gut and did not want to eat tonight? she did poop today at some point.

jessicaLuck

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you all! I just ordered some Reptiworms. Lets hope she likes them! I CANNOT STAND WORMS :shock: :? . but i spend way to much time wrangling crickets.....Not cool! lol. i got the small size Reptiworms. They looked the right size for her! :?: :D

Kaiser

Juvie Member
Like Paradon's said, you shouldn't really have to worry about overfeeding when they're young. When my bearded dragon was younger, he would eat 50-100 crickets daily, and when I switched to ReptiWorms, he would eat 100 or so per sitting. I was surprised he could go through a 5000 count ReptiWorm bucket so quickly, ha ha...

The general rule of thumb for food sizes is typically nothing larger than the space between your bearded dragon's eyes. However, for soft-bodied worms (such as ReptiWorms), it's generally not as strict. So consider that if you decide to order ReptiWorms again. Also, in case you didn't know, you can take off 20% of the cost when ordering at http://www.reptiworms.com/ by using the code "bearded20" (without the quotation marks) at checkout.

Hope she likes them!

jessicaLuck

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
In my research i did find the discount! thank you! i ordered 300 to see how she likes them but i think ill be ordering more it sounds like...

Kaiser

Juvie Member
That's good! Anyway, it really depends on the bearded dragon if they'll eat that much or not. But hopefully she'll enjoy them, at least. :]

Kaiser

Juvie Member
Well, if anything, my bearded dragon is a pretty big guy now, so that appetite of his must have done him some good, ha ha! But hopefully your bearded dragon doesn't need as much and will grow just as well--and happy and healthy. Cheers! :]

jessicaLuck

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ive never been so excited about worms before...I like i said..hate worms but im hoping she will love them

Kaiser

Juvie Member
I know what you mean. I always get excited whenever I order a new feeder for my bearded dragon to try out.

And honestly, they kind of grow on you once you realize how much easier and cleaner they are than crickets. Kind of cute and plain, without the gross legs, quick movement, big eyes, and crunchy shell. Ha ha, well, maybe that's just me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom