Outdoor to indoor housing complication

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faustia13

Normally my bearded is housed outdoor but with the season changing and the weather bringing alot cooler I'm now housing my beardie indoors and he doesn't seem to be liking the changes. When he was outdoors he was very active and eating alot. Now when hes active it he's trying to jump out of his cage or scratching the glass. And he's eating less. He's a year old well on the 23 of December he'll be a year old. He's only 16in. I'm not concerned about his size. He's clearly a slow grower. He grows a few inches every month.

But my question is does changes in housing effect your bearded dragon? What can I do to make him more comfortable? Or is this a sign of something else?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Any change in environment is going to cause relocation stress. Especially something as substantial as the move that he just experienced. Did you just move him recently?

-Brandon

Soulwind

Sub-Adult Member
Moving him indoors also means that you must provide him with a basking light, proper basking temps, and an artificial UVA/UVB source if you want him to remain healthy.

For UVA/UVB, we only recommend the ReptiSUN 10 or Arcadia 12 long-tube florescent bulbs (or a mercury vapor bulb for both basking and uv).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom