Outdoor pen for the summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgoogls

Hatchling Member
do u guys think it is a good idea to build a outdoor pen for my beardie? he would only be outside for the summer and i would bring him inside at night. it can get up to 95 in the summer so with a peice of slate for a basking rock i think that would make it hot enough. i could get logs for him to climb on. i would build a shaded part so he could cool off. it would probably be 4 foot by 4 foot. it would be very very secure because even tho my dogs are ok with him my neibors dog jumps the fence and i dont want to take chances. also, if u think it is a good idea could i plant plants in it? if so wht would he be able to eat that i could plant?

triumphtt

Juvie Member
I put puff in my wife's garden over the summer. Just remember no matter how lazy they can climb when they want to. I use chicken wire and then bent the top inwards so he couldn't get out. It doesn't hurt if you are making it 4x4 to put a wire top on it to make sure he doesn't get out and the dogs don't get in. Might help with some metal stakes. Height doesn't need to be really tall but I would be worried about the dogs getting on the top. Maybe make it a cone top? just some thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sohaiko
Top Bottom