Out of crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

adubbs92

Hey everyone, just got a quick question. I have a 4 month old beardie, and i usually feed him crickets everyday, as much as he can eat in 15 minutes, twice a day. I had just ran out of crickets, and the pet store i buy crickets from are out until Friday. I usually keep mixed greens in his cage at all time. What kind of food can i give my beardie (spike) to tie him over until Friday. Right now i have veggies with Natural- Juvenile Bearded Dragon Food, but he dosen't seem to like it. Thanks!!

BrianB

He should be fine with just salad for two days.

Edited to add: You might try Rep Cal pellets as a back up. Many dragons that won't try other pelleted food will take them. You should always feed them moistened, and at first may need to try moistening them with some apple juice (pure, nothing added) mixed with the water, though I've never had to do that to get a dragon to take them. Now, I'm not suggesting this for just the two days. Just so you have a back up / supplemental item available. Little guys vary a lot on how readily they take non-wiggling food.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You can try a little bit of scramble egg....and yes, it's O.K. for beardies. Just scramble it, [ no oil added] microwave it for 55-60 seconds and serve when it cools. Put a small flat bowl or paper plate and drop a few pieces....when the beardie sees the movement they usually come right over + gobble it up. Just a few pieces at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom