our uv light has broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandit250

Our UV light has broken and we are waiting for a replacement today it would have been the 6th day without UV light, is this seriously affecting my dragon ? He still has a heat lamp and is eating around 6 large locusts a day, he is 4 months old.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Obviously its not ideal, but I believe a dragon can go up to two weeks without UVB without suffering any ill effects.
The sooner the better though ofc ^_^

Out of interest which UVB bulb are you ordering?

Holly

Bandit250

Original Poster
Its the actual unit that broke after only having it 4 months ! We ordered a new one last sat, phoned today to see where it was only to find he hadn't even sent it yet !

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
What type of light are you using for your heat source? Some bulbs also produce some uvb/uva as well, but again it isnt ideal.

chancellor91

Juvie Member
well if you need it imdetiatly pay he extra and go to your pet store, that way you wil always have a back up, and just keep and use the new one when it comes in the mail

chancellor

TazzysMamma

Sub-Adult Member
Bandit250":9fdc3 said:
EXO-Terra 25w repti-glo 10.0 x2

Please consider using the Repti-Sun 10.0 tube light instead. The Repti-Glo is known to cause illness/injury to beardies. It emits the wrong level of UVB.

HUGS

Sandi

Pleaides

Juvie Member
oh i strongly agree with Sandi, the reptiGLO 10.0 has had some real ill effects, the reptiSUN 10.0 is the best bulb you can get, please reconsider and get the reptisun.

also you said hes 4 months old and hes eating large locusts?!?
now this is quite concerning to me as no livefood (for the exception of some worms) cannot be no longer than the space between their eyes, anything bigger than that and the dragon is at a high risk of impaction, please use small or maybe even medium hoppers/ locusts for him. how long is he exactly from nose to tip of tail? even if hes big for his age i still think large locusts would be way too big.

chancellor91

Juvie Member
um ya locust for a 4month old could never possible fit space between eyes

please use smaller ones, i dont want to see you sad from an impacted beardie

Bandit250

Original Poster
he seems to be eatting and pooping regular and still very active. is half white and half black poo normal?

Pleaides

Juvie Member
yes white and brown poop is normal, obviously the brown is there actual poop then the white is their urates, kinda like their wee. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom