Our new guy, Rhaegal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soozn79

94241-4813366230.jpg

Here's our lovely little guy who my dragon-loving daughter named Rhaegal. (We sometimes let her watch the dragon scenes in Game of Thrones, lol)

Thanks to everyone who has answered my questions so far - you've been a great help and are much appreciated!

We finally decided to let 12 yr old have a pet and we'd narrowed it down to a reptile, likely a gecko, went to a pet store to look around a bit and just fell in love with the tiny bearded dragons. (I've always been a fan, personally.) So I did some research and realized we couldn't possibly care for a small baby but would like to try a slightly older dragon. Connected with a lovely local lady I found through craigslist whose dragon needed a new home. Went through a 3 day crash course in BD husbandry and here we are.

We've had him for 3 wks now and he's delightful. He loves collard greens, butternut squash, blueberries, and sitting by the open window on a warm day.

So thank you all! Love seeing everyone's beardies and look forward to reading your stories and continuing to learn. <3

Akire

Even though you aren't a totally new member I still say welcome to the forum! :wave:

Rhaegal sure is handsome and I love his name! :D When I recently got my beardie I was thinking about naming him after one of the GOT dragons too, but ended up calling him Trico. It's wonderful that you adopted a beardie who needed a home. I got a little baby myself and let me tell you, they are high maintenance! Not to mention they are so small it makes you constantly worry about their well-being. So I definitely think you made the right decision. Rhaegal looks like a very happy dragon!

Soozn79

Original Poster
Aw thanks!

We've never had a reptile before so the learning curve has been steep - I've had quite a bit of anxiety wanting to make sure everything is good for him and will keep him healthy and happy, lol! - but it's been worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom