Our new DIY viv, NEW PICS 9/05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowball0807

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks! And this was actually his first time building a viv.. The stand and decorations are in progress, I'll have to put up pics soon :D

Snowball0807

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
d273c7ed.jpg

3e561d43.jpg

Starting on some fake rocks :) the pics are of the basking spot.. We also got a foam ball that will be an actual "rock"

Snowball0807

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Some new pics of the cabinet and fake rock.. He's gonna get the doors to the cabinet set up then stain it. 

0f437831.jpg

357076a3.jpg

fcbc7527.jpg

Love love love this!! I'm am def keeping a close eye on this thread to see the finished products! Where did you get the bamboo for the wall from? Beautiful touch.

Snowball0807

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks so much! Theyre just bamboo blinds from home depot. We couldn't find any long enough, so just got two, cut them, and put them together in the viv. :wink:

Snowball0807

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you! But don't feel bad about him not living in your town.. Not even I'm getting another one! I've been informed if anyone (including me) wants another viv, it's a million dollars. :laughhard: On another note, the stand is stained and sealed. I'll have to get pics, and I need to stard getting to work on the DIY rock again.

dadecitydragons

Hatchling Member
Here is a great site to get fake cage decor ideas from... just a hint... Polystyrene foam works alot better than craft foam and gives a real look of rock when grouted and painted...

The site is http://www.lizard-landscapes.com he uses Styrofoam sheets, and grout to make some kick butt decorations... once i get all my cages built i will be putting a castle in each cage that functions as a hide and will have a top shelf as a basking platform and to go with my "dragon & castle" theme i have going on lol... Your never to old to still believe in Castles being guarded by big dragons lol...

Michael Drake
~*~ Dade City Dragons ~*~
Dade City, FL

Snowball0807

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you for the link! I'm actually making some fake rocks that follow the same directions as that site. However, I've been lazy so they're still not finished :lol: .. But by craft foam, you mean the stuff they sell at Michaels and other craft stores? Because that's the kind I'm using, hopefully it turns out alright! Haha!

ks85

looks awesome! he did a great job on it, and I also love the bamboo wall background you put in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom