Our New Baby, Blaze :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coliosis

Juvie Member
I definitely got my bf hooked on beardies...lol Even though we have two adults and now 14 babies (!!!!!), he insisted on getting another! Not that I mind...hehe. So as of tonight, sorta an impulse buy, we now own a beautiful male translucent that is het hypo and apparently "double het for tiger stripes" or something, but I'm not too sure what that means...

Anyways...I've been told he is 7 months old but he seems TINY to be 7 months. He's about 9.5 inches! I'll weigh him tomorrow.

Some pics!!
DSC01821.jpg

DSC01819.jpg

Oh and apparently he's just beginning a shed, he's normally much lighter and more colourful. I'll get better pictures tomorrow, I didn't want to bug him too much tonight.

Also, he still needs a name lol

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Very cute, but I agree he looks small for 7 months. Looking forward to seeing more pictures of him. Where did you get him from?

-Kaleen

Coliosis

Juvie Member
Original Poster
We got him from a young-ish boy off Kijiji who apparently got him from some reptile store/breeder in Hamilton.

Do you think he looks younger than 7 months, or just too small? He looks even bigger in the pics than what he is too.. I've seen pics of beardies at 6 months that look full grown :s

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
He could be 7 months old, and just a slow grower. Beardies grow at all different rates, I was just saying to me he looks small for 7 months old. I could be wrong too. Maybe the previous owner didn't have proper husbandry and cage set up so he didn't grow like he should have?!

-Kaleen

Coliosis

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yeah it's a good possibility he wasn't cared for properly, I guess we'll see if he starts growing like crazy now that I have him! My 14 hatchlings seem to be growing like weeds! :)

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
odd, my baby is 7 months old and she is already 15 inches long.

maybe he got the age wrong, or the little guy is growing slow because he didn't get all the supplements?

Coliosis

Juvie Member
Original Poster
More pics!
DSC01827.jpg

DSC01826.jpg

DSC01825.jpg

DSC01823.jpg

DSC01822.jpg

Yeah he's small..in the pic he's in a plastic bin that's 12 inches long (because he likes to run like a mad man lol)
I asked his previous owner again and he says he's for sure 7 months old :s

He is eating his greens right now!!!! Yay :) and he's already eaten quite a few crickets (dusted well with calcium...) today too so he seems to be getting settled in nicely. I'm going out to get him a nice cave today so he has somewhere to hide and he needs a climbing branch. I hate how bare his tank is right now, just a little basking platform, some lights and paper towels.

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Aww, I just love his eyes!!!

My next dragon is definitely going to be a transluscent - just for the all-black eyes!

Coliosis

Juvie Member
Original Poster

I gave him a bath, totally expecting the worst as he's very hyper, and he was actually the calmest I've ever seen him! He didn't seem scared at all, no stress marks either, just nice and calm :) I would run water down him and he'd close his eyes all relaxed, so I think I found a good way to bond with him for now :D Since holding him is impossible....lol

Yeah his eyes are awesome :) Soo black! It's so weird how you can basically see through them, especially their arms and legs under the right light lol

xSweetTartx

Awwe, well good luck with him!
Getting bonding time is always great.
My little girl is still very young but she would spend every moment of the day with me if I would let her haha. <3

Coliosis

Juvie Member
Original Poster
xSweetTartx":2fs8zegu said:
My little girl is still very young but she would spend every moment of the day with me if I would let her haha. <3

Aww that's soo cute :)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
He's really handsome, great colours, and I have faith that you'll have him fattened up & growing longer in no time. Because he's only 7 mo old, he has lots of time to make up for. When I first got my first beardie Sweetie, she was only 4 mo old & hadn't had a bug in over a month, she was just skin & bones & so tiny. Well within 2 mo she was 16" long & over 200g, so they can make up for lost time. She grew another inch by the time she was a year old & she grew another inch long by the time she was 2 yrs old. So you'll see what a difference you make with him in the next 5 months!

Coliosis

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yay thanks Deb! My bf and I were just wondering that, if his growth will be seriously stunted now or not. Your poor Sweetie, no bugs at all?! :( Where did you save her from?

Coliosis

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I think we have decided on a name...Blaze! Because he will be really bright and he's really quick too :) What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom