OUR LITTLE BEARDED DRAGON WON'T EAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjmarcus

SPARKY IS ONLY A FEW MONTHS OLD, FROM A VERY REPUTABLE PET SHOP AND AT THE VET SEEMED HEALTHY BUT HIS STOOL GREW PINWORMS AND COCCIDIA. WE HAVE APPROPRIATE LIGHTING AND HEATING AND WHEN WE FIRST BROUGHT HIM HOME HE WOULD EAT SMALL CRICKETS (DUSTED WITH VITAMINS/MINERALS) BUT SINCE HE'S BEEN ON THE ANTI-PARASITIC MEDS, HIS APPETITE IS GONE. HE IS STILL POOPING FINE, NOT DIARRHEA, IS ALERT AND WE TAKE HIM OUT AND HOLD HIM AND PLAY WITH HIM. I HAVE ORDERED ACIDIPHILIZ IN HOPES OF HELPING. WE OFFER VEGETABLES AND REPTILE BITES BUT HE WILL EAT ONE OR TWO, NOW HE HAS GONE OFF HIS CRICKETS, TOO.
ANY THOUGHTS OR SUGGESTIONS APPRECIATED
THANKS VERY MUCH INDEED
KAREN

Tatty

Juvie Member
Take him to a reptile vet immediately. I have lost a few cherished beardies waiting too long with this situation. Also, you might want to consider giving the beardie a tiny dollop of ivermectin available from the equine department of the local farm store. Dose once, then exactly one week later. It should take care of the parasites. Let me know how he is doing. If he won't eat, feed him fruit flavored baby food out of an eyedroper. Keep him hydrated. But most important, see a reptile vet.

"Tatty"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom