Our 2nd Beardie ....Pagona Bob Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTRM30

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
That's too funny !

Our Pagona Bob has shed his tail, and now looks rather strange. His tail is a rust/orange color, but his body is a rather plain brownish color. I figure his body is going to be shedding now soon since he's grown so much - he's been getting more and more dull - but he just looks rather strange being two different colors - silly guy. I took a pic - I'll have to post it when I get a chance. I just look at him and shake my head b/c I'm just like - you look silly sporting two colors !

I weighed him, and he now weighs about 40g. He was 30 when we got him - so growing quick. The stinker is pooping twice a day now, and here I was worried about him going LOL.

LizardLad11

Hatchling Member
If i could whistle(which i can't), i would. Ironically my parrot can whistle, but i can't. :( He mocks me. Glad that Bob or Pagona is growing!

DTRM30

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
What kind of parrot ? Aren't they great ! A friend of ours has an African Grey - she sings in the shower, calls the dog, rings like the phone and sounds like a smoke detector when a stranger comes in the house - LOL. My male Cockatiel whistles all kinds of songs - and can mimic the basic vowel sounds of some words in whistles, but they aren't actual words. But you can tell what he's whistling if you listen.

Here is Pagona Bob sporting his two different colors - silly guy. I measured him last night - he is just shy of 9.5" now and 45g. So 1.5" and 15g in two weeks.

8b2d9f20-f655-4cb4-b837-7ffc66c3137f_zpsbf543404.jpg

bumblebee

Juvie Member
Wow, he's dark! You're right, he looks silly! :lol: Can't wait to see what he looks like underneath the shed :) That's really great growth, especially considering you've only had him 2 weeks! So he's eating well and all settled in?

DTRM30

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm guessing he's going to be a rust/orange color to match his tail. He was a lot more orange/mustard colored before he started to get really dull this past week.

It would appear as though he's settled in :) I can't imagine him keeping up with this growth spurt, but who knows. He's eating well - lots of bugs and even greens and a few pellets. The breeder was feeding him the pellets - so I decided to keep them mixed in for a varied diet since he was used to them anyway. he gets a fresh salad every day with a mix of various greens (mustard, cilantro, dandelion and arugula at the moment) with a sprinkle of a few repcal dragon bites for some color/texture and an occassional few bites of fruit such as mango. He had a nice greenish tinted poop yesterday from eating them. Yuck :lol:
He appears to be hydrated well - his poop was formed, but soft - so that is good too.

My son was laughing and giggling - we took him out of his enclosure last night for a while, and he was crawling all over my son - up his arms, around his neck ... licking his shirt - I guess it tickled :D . They both seemed to enjoy it though.

DTRM30

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Awww - He's awesome ! I don't have any pics of Lou at the moment ... Before I went back to work full time and I was working from home, I would put a harness / leash on him and we'd go all over the place. Post office, pet store, camping, bike riding .... I don't think he'd tolerate the harness anymore though - it's been a long time since he's had it on - about 7 years now. But he gets out of his cage every day if he wants to. I leave the door open and they can come and go as the please when we're home. They will probably give me attitude when I get home - I forgot to give them their greens before I left. 8)

LizardLad11

Hatchling Member
LOL
I have a caged backyard...imagine that! I begged my mom and dad to cage the entire backyard. When you walk out there if feels like you are in a cage! I have a cat door that Peck likes to go through.

DTRM30

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
that's awesome ! - Too cold here for that though. We only get about 4 months that are warm enough for something like that - so not worth the cost to put in an aviary. If I ever move somewhere warm, I'd like to though.

LizardLad11

Hatchling Member
Yea i live in hot NC. HOT summers COLD winters. Caged backyard was last years Christmas present! Then 2 weeks after christmas is my birthday and i got Peck for that! Lol.

DTRM30

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Wow, I haven't had a chance to be on this site in a long time ! End of year school activities and just plain 'ole "life" have kept me pretty busy. LOL.

Anyway, ince the server is down here at work so there are limited things I can do at the moment, figured I'd take a few minutes to post an update and browse around.

Pagona Bob (aka just plain old "BOB") is doing great ! I need to send CCD a note of thanks and to let them know that our dragon is healthy and happy.

We've had him 6 weeks as of yesterday. He's gone from 8" to 11-7/8 " and now weighs 80+ grams. (weighed him last week so I'm sure he's a bit heavier than the 80 he weighed).

He's eating more and more of his salad - and the difference in his health compared to Beardsley is amazing. SInce he's been eating more greens (which put in a small amount of water to keep them moist through out the day) - his poop has been "looser" - so I've cut down and no longer give a daily bath. It's about once every 2-3 days which seems to have gotten his poop back to it's normal self - albeit a bit greener looking now. He's eating between 60-90 crickets per day. I keep saying I need to order some phoenix worms to see if he likes them. One of these days I'll have time. Maybe when I'm done on here - (server is STILL down.).

Here are a few pics of him some are from about a week ago - his tail has finished shedding. I found out that he does NOT like our cockatiel, Lou, though. I wasn't thinking - and had Lou with me when I went to check on Bob. Well, one look at Lou and Bob instantly puffed up his whole body, opened his mouth and bearded Lou. Poor Lou - he was just like - what the heck silly lizard ! Of course, I had to snap a photo :mrgreen: Not that it's anything that hasn't been seen before, but ..... you know - I just couldn't help it.

I've also noticed that he has some interesting cobra-like marks on the base of his tail near his hips. It's like the two eyes on the back of a king cobra .
It just facinated me - that's all. Anyway - Off to reading a few stories and catch up a bit :) and see if I can find a harness and leash for him - now that it's finally getting warmer out - it'd be nice to get him some real sunshine.

08176276-cd2f-4989-af0b-39f8abb0d62b_zps81aa6100.jpg

e098cf3f-1ab2-40b7-8e07-a9c9c3989270_zpsb391309a.jpg

45e9bc95-2a54-4e94-a7e3-4745ecfc14e5_zpsfae1f22a.jpg

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I love that first pic. They try to look so fierce and it ends up making them look like they're happy and smiling :lol:

DTRM30

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
zandi202":3cpuyv4d said:
I love that first pic. They try to look so fierce and it ends up making them look like they're happy and smiling :lol:

Yeah ! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom