Our 2nd Beardie ....Pagona Bob Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTRM30

Hatchling Member
Well, I did it. Not sure why - I have my hands full with Beardsley (there is a whole huge thread on him and his MBD in health) that I need to post an update to - found out something interesting ..... but that is for another thread.

Anyway, I saw this guy for sale from Carolina Classic Dragons. Not the best color pattern and a 1/4 tail nip - but as long as he's healthy I'm happy ! We're not too worried about colors - beauty is in the eyes of the beholder :D (though the dunner's i've see are pretty nice - but out of my price range) Anyhoo - I've read good things about CCD dragons so my fingers are crossed ! (was between CCD and Rio Reptiles, but all Rio seems to have right now are leatherbacks - and we wanted a scaly friend) They said he should end up a mustard yellow with rust highlights ....

My son named him Pagona. Go figure :dontknow: Guess he likes the latin sub species word. Unless he changes his mind by Tuesday
Anyway - He is 8" long and is being shipped on Monday so he'll arrive on Tuesday. I'm a nervous wreck after my petsmart debacle with Beardsley :cry:

His viv is set up and temps are adjusting. As of right now - I'm getting 111 on the basking area and 76-78 on the cool side.
I've been here before so am familiar with tank set up (my set up for Beardsley has been approved by both this site and my herp vet), but quick rundown anyway. Repticarpet, Powersun 100 MVB, 48"x13" with a custom built in the works. - 14" from Powersun. Couple of things to climb on and a hammock.

Pagona_zpsa48d8617.jpg

Pogonatail_zpsf4fd1c52.jpg

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
Congrats to you and your son. I'm sure you won't have problems like you've had with Beardsley, but I will definitely be keeping track of both of them (you should start a beardie photo journal in the Photo Expressions or Beardie Tales section!). By the way, Pagona is the genus, not sub species :)

DTRM30

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
By the way, Pagona is the genus, not sub species

Oops :) I knew it was one of them - it's been a while since I took biology :book:

Yes, I think it's time to move his thread - not much else to say at this point - other than just track his general day to day ups and downs I guess.

and thanks :) I'm excited to see him but soooo worried though .... CCD has a good reputation, but I'm just paranoid I guess. I had the set up for Pagona running all day today to be sure it's right. basking is running between 109 and 111, and the cool side is about 78. I have a MVB that is 14" from basking platform for basking heat and light. Keeping fingers crossed I don't have problems with the bulb with him !

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
I understand the paranoia after all the trouble you've had so far. I saw your post about Beardsley and the pet store possibly knowing that he was ill before they sold him. That's horrible, and honestly I would investigate it further with the manager and possibly corporate. You may be able to recoup some of your healthcare costs, or at least possibly his purchase price, if that is the case. To me, that would be inexcusable. He's so lucky that he has you to take care of him, but it's really irresponsible of them to possibly have done that. I know you love him and will continue to give him and Pagona the best possible care, though! :) As with any pet, they obviously can become ill and need care and regular check ups, but severe MBD is a completely different ball park.I will definitely repeat that he is extremely lucky to have you, and that you've done all of your research and taken it upon yourself to give him all of this specialized care.

DTRM30

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks danner ! I appreciate your kind words - the members on here have been extremely supportive.

As for Beardsley, It's really truly got me in disbelief. I was so shocked when she said that. I've been considering contacting corporate - but not really sure I'd get anywhere. I figure they'll just throw the 14 day guarantee at me that says the purchaser is responsible for all costs incurred for veterinary care. I think it would also be hard since it was just a conversation in a store and there is no proof of it ever happening. Unlike an e-mail - which has a "paper" trail. But I may try anyway. I've got a pretty accurate timeline of events to back it up anyway, and MBD that severe doesn't happen that quickly - that is something that cannot be denied. I wish I had taken notice of her name. I may have to just "pop" into the store again to find out .... I know what she looks like. It's so frustrating to think about it though. Poor guy. At least he went to a home that is willing to help him. I think about the "what if" we hadn't picked him - he'd likely be dead by now. :cry:

But - on a positive note - Pagona will be here in a few short days :blob8: I still don't know why I did it - I just couldn't help myself when I saw him I guess - they're all such cute little buggers :love5:

I just hope it doesn't turn into chicken math! I'm on a chicken forum - and chicken math is when you say you're going to get 3 chickens, but you buy 6, and build a coop big enough to hold 12, then figure well, I have the room, so I'll buy 6 more, which really ends up being 12 (putting you over your space by 6) - but you say, well - they're not always in the coop .... :mrgreen:

DTRM30

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Getting Nervous and excited ...
Received my tracking number today for Pagona ! He'll be here tomorrow morning .....
Picked up by fedex at 1:53 ... I'm so nervious I feel sick :dontknow: (unless it's this allergy/illness thing I've currently got going)

LizardLad11

Hatchling Member
Congrats! I bet he will be fine in his new tank. He will probably scurry around for a bit then find the basking spot. :) Most likely you have the jitters. I had that when I got Phoenix.
I hope he is healthy and awesome!(I bet he will be)

Josh

DTRM30

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks - I'm sure it'll all be fine ....I'm sure you're right :)

I have to bring a container/heat(clamp lamp) and food with me to work. The only option I had was to have him shipped to me at work so he'll have to wait until I get home to get into his viv.

I've become a tracking update junkie !!!!

LizardLad11

Hatchling Member
Yup, he might be tired from the ride. I'd let him chill for a day or two. If he is calm he will start pooping and eating.

DTRM30

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He's Here ! Pagona arrived safe !

pagona04-09-13_zps87fcbbb0.png

He pooed in his container during his trip, but other than that, he seems healthy and alert. ATM he's just chilling in the heat - The warmest I can seem to get it here at work is between 99.7 and about 100.5 (with a cooler area of course) but that should be fine for the short term for today until I get home. He did eat a few crickets and some mustard green. I made a salad for him this morning that consists of pellets, mustard greens, spring greens and tiny crickets. They are supposed to be 1/4" but they are more like 1/8" I'm not used to having a lizard that actually can walk - he seems so fast ! Our Beardsley was never this quick and now with his spinal issues, he hardly moves at all.

He's a hit here at work - Some smile and give the "you're nuts" look - some smile and keep checking on him :D

Fingers crossed that all goes well for him !

DTRM30

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh my gosh, he's pooped twice already ! Ate all the crickets I brought and about half the salad. Now he's "glass dancing" the sides of the box so it sounds like a mouse sucrrying around in the wall LOL.

I'm sure he'll like his new home much better than a box with a towel, dish and lamp.

LizardLad11

Hatchling Member
Yup glad he made it safely! He looks just like Phoenix although a lot smaller :lol: If he is eating healthy then you must be doing a great job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom