Ott-lite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Does anyone know if Ott-lites are safe for beardies to lay under? I usually have one on while I am reading and Lilly will go way out of her way to lay under them. She only spends a couple of hours a day at the very most under them, and of course I'm not trying to use it as a UVB source, just wondered if they were safe? Here is a link: http://www.ottlite.com/

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
I believe they are more attracted to the clarity and brightness of the lite. I don't see any problems with it though as long as its not the coil. :wink:

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
She will be just fine.

Edit: I like this statement "tube is roughly equivalent to that of a 100 watt incandescent bulb".

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Sarah,

You are not using it as a basking light, correct?
It is basically a full spectrum light so if you are using a tube bulb, I would think that it should be safe. It appears to be "safe" but there are not documents that I can find on reptilian use right now.

Tracie

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
No, I am not using it as a basking light. She has just a regular 100 watt bulb in her tank for basking and a reptisun 10.0 for UVB. It is outside of her tank, she just seems very drawn to it when she is roaming the house. I just wondered if it was safe for her little eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubhomes1
Top Bottom