Orange Urate

Status
Not open for further replies.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
That is really fascinating on the process of training Kyle to be a service dog. :eek: I Hope the training will turn out well and that Kyle becomes a helpful service dog. :)

That's cool.. That could have possibly been a Genetic stripe beardie then. Oh dear, I hope the egg hatches well. I Have read that sometimes before hatching a egg will gently collapse and 'sweat' prior to hatching. Hopefully it is just that and will hatch soon.
Thank you. Rocket has really stolen my heart. :love5: He is turning two months old on the 9th.

Oh Cool, Gargoyle Geckos are really cool. :) Hope you find a Red stripe one.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I hope so too, he's already helped a ton so far. My biggest fear currently is that I'll have to wash him out because he couldn't meet the requirements. Although so far he's doing good.
Also, I worked on his heeling today and he did so well. Still needs work but he's doing really good with it. Once he has it down I'm going to see how well he does it when there's distractions around.

I just checked on the egg, it was collapsed and I was a bit hopeful that it was hatching but there was no movement. I cut it open and its dead sadly, although not deformed at all so at least thats a good sign.

They're definitely pretty cool animals. I really hope I can find a red stripe, I've seen a few at expos and online and have a whole list of breeders I have in mind. Hopefully when I have enough money and I'm ready I'll be able to find one.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
That's great that he's doing so good with training! :)

Darn.. I was hoping that the egg would pull though. :( What did it look like color wise? Were you able to see any specific morphs and such?

Gargoyle geckos are also very personable, their care is also very similar to Crested geckos. :) I Hope you find a good one.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
The colors weren't very developed yet so I cant really give a good answer on that.
So far I haven't seen any noticeable signs indicating that they have morphs. I do know that the babies were het for trans and hypo though because of Saturn.

I hope so too. The tank it's going to live in finally shipped out yesterday and should be arriving on the 11th. So that's gonna be fun.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
That's cool about the coloring. Im pretty sure Rocket is het for hypo and leatherback since his mom was a hypo citrus and his dad was a red hypo leatherback I believe.

I Hope the tank ships in well. I Recently flipped Gizmo's 10 gal tank on its side and made it vertical now, He loves it. View media item 61082 I also added more stuff to it.

I Forgot, but do you have a Crested Gecko?

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
If both parents are visual hypos then Rocket most likely is as well since if you pair two hypos together the entire clutch would be hypos. However, If you were to pair a het hypo and a visual hypo together you would get half of the clutch being hets and then the rest being visual.
Hypo x Hypo = 100% hypo
Hypo x Normal = 100% het hypo
Het Hypo x Hypo = 50% het hypo, 50% hypo
Het Hypo x het Hypo = 50% het hypo, 25% hypo, 25% normal
Het Hypo x Normal = 50% het hypo, 50% normal

I hope it does as well, I've never had a glass tank be shipped to me before. I'm hoping it arrives all in one piece with no cracks. I dont have a crested gecko, the gargoyle gecko will be my first New Caledonian species. I did actually think about getting a crestie at first but sort of fell in love with gargs.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Fascinating.:study: Rocket's parents were I believe a Hypo citrus normal scale (mom), and a Red leatherback het hypo het trans (Dad). The parents were very pretty. :) and Rocket has a ton of yellows and reds, one spot even has a hint of pink. So It will be interesting to see how he turns out.

Even if it did arrive cracked nothing a little duct tape can't fix Lol.

I Did Love the Gargoyle Geckos but I Fell in love with the Cresties lol. I Think my next herp species would probably be a hognose snake, a corn snake, or a blue tongue skink.. but I Still need to do more research about them. :study:

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Duct tape is my go to solution with my tegu. Anytime I have problems with her grow tent I just slap a whole bunch of duct tape on it... recently I've learned even if you think theres enough duct tape you should always put more. You can never have enough duct tape.

Blue tongue skinks are great, their little nub legs are adorable.. although those claws can be a real pain. My beardies are entirely fine with their claws, tegu is tolerable, the BTS oddly hurts quite a bit and she wont sit still long enough for me to dare try to trim her nails.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
lol yeah, I saw Loki's 4x2x2 tank at a reptile expo and they said they couldn't sell it since it was cracked at the bottom. I offered $20 for it and took it home, washed it out, and slapped some duct tape on it. Problem solved. :)

Blue tongue skinks are definitely one of the ones I'm considering.. But I also have my eye on Day and leaf tailed Geckos or a Panther Chameleon. I still am researching and seeing which one would work best. I May just get another crestie though. :D

But I am Indeed happy with my Three beardies, Crested Gecko, and ball python. :)

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
That sounds like a great deal. I need to eventually get some 75 gallons or 4x2x2's for my BTS and BP eventually, currently, they're just housed in 40 and 50 gallons. Which is suitable for now but definitely wanna get something bigger, the BTS will probably be the first to get an upgrade.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
It definitely was a great deal, Loki loves his tank.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well the tank arrived, and the doors are completely broken... i've yet to get a good look at the rest of the tank since its dark outside so there could be even more damage done to it. I'm gonna contact petco and see if they can do anything about the situation.
Sadly I dont think duct tape will fix this problem.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Oh dear, Could you maybe post a picture of the damage? It is annoying when your packages arrive smashed or damaged.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I took the background out just a few minutes ago and the back wall is cracked pretty badly. I was hoping that if everything else was okay then I could just order replacement doors but thats definietly not gonna work now.
image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

On a more happy note, Kyles going into the groomers today to get his puppy hair trimmed off. A bit nervous to see how he'll look afterward but also pretty excited.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
? yeah I don't think duct tape can fix that.. and to be honest that is a bit too small it looks like.

If your looking for a cheap good size for a baby Gecko cage just flip a 10 gallon tank on its side. That's what I did with Gizmo.

Oh cool, I Hope Kyle's haircut goes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom