Orange/red in poo?? scared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killzone3265

Juvie Member
skittles was acting a little lethargic today at breakfast, he didnt eat much. about 20 minutes aho i came down to check on him and to my surprise there was poo EVERYWHERE, even along the tank walls, and there was orangey red mixed in with it. im scared crapless right now, i love skittles too much for anything bad to happen. he seems fine right now, no stress marks and his usual bright colour.
his repticaroet is currrrently being washed down, sadly, i dont have any extras and wont be able to get one till saturday. the only thing i could think of that caused this, are the few pieces of carrots i gave him the other day. does anyone know if carrots will do that?
sorry for my lack of posts lately, my computer broke down literally out of nowhere.
also, can someone tell me how to clean all the poo off the poor lizard, he ran through it and it got smudged all over him. i washed him down with water, but it wont get rid of it all. dont want to use soap or anything just incase

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It was probably the carrots. How old is Skittles ? You really don't need carrots in their diet at all, and if Skittles is just a little guy, only give finely grated veggies. For cleaning him, just let him soak and gently use a soft toothbrush.

Killzone3265

Juvie Member
Original Poster
hes about 6-7 months old, 15 inches. this is tthe first time hes actually eaten carrot too.
i was honestly just scared when i saw poo smeared all over the place, plus with the red colour, it didnt help lol
hes fine now, acting as his usual self.

Killzone3265

Juvie Member
Original Poster
he poo'd orange AGAIN, it looked like a piece of carrot, but i fed him one small piece 4 days ago. im confused, was it stuck in him? he seems fine, he even dove back into the pool of crap while i was examining it...

CodyG

well skittles seems like a fitting name.
my male does the same thing, i feed him collards, napolitos, and red and green bell peppers, for his greens and veggies, I get colorful poo's everyday. and both of my dragons love to smear it all over their tile and slate. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom