Oola (vet visit 9/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OwnedByOola

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes, chaos is a good way to describe it! My dogs tumble and wrestle a lot with each other. I have to keep them crated when I'm not home otherwise I'll come over to things like knocked over furniture, stolen laundry items, all that fun stuff. They are exponentially naughtier when I'm not there to act as their conscience and keep them in check. ;-)

OwnedByOola

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Mine do too... Sometimes they give me a quick apologetic look, but as soon as I turn away their tails go up and they take off again. :roll:

OwnedByOola

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I ordered a dehumidifier tonight from Walmart. I've never had to worry about humidity getting too high for my crested gecko :) but the digital humidity gauge in Oola's tank is consistently above 50%. Humidity will be a constant battle since i'm in Florida so I'd better get it under control now.

(It also doesn't help that my musk turtle's open-top aquarium is in the same area of the house, but I can't do anything about that.)

pyffersnpaws

Juvie Member
It can only help... I would measure the humidity level before you turn it on, then after a few hours retake it to see how much difference there is

OwnedByOola

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah, I hope it does the trick! I bought a pretty large one because I know summer especially is going to be really bad.

OwnedByOola

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm going to make it a habit to weigh and measure her weekly, every Sunday after her PM crickets. Last Sunday she was 13.5" and 94 grams. Today she was 14.25" and 115 grams!!! This girl is gonna take off!

OwnedByOola

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Wow that's a hefty weight gain for one week! They really do grow fast. Oola already looks more grown-up than she did a week ago when I got her.

OwnedByOola

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
A couple new pics :)

005.jpg

002-1.jpg

She's getting ready for a 4-limb shed, as you can see.
I think it's so interesting that her color is intensifying at her head and shoulders first, and slowly working its way down her body. I think with a few more sheds the rest of her torso will intensfy as well.

OwnedByOola

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The dehumidifier arrived today. It's been running for 4 hours on low and, according to the humidistat in her viv, has already decreased the humidity from 56 to 46%. I set it to 35% so hopefully when I wake up tomorrow it will have reached that level. I figure it will be a bit of a headache because of the large aquarium in the same room, but hopefully it'll decrease enough. the thing that stinks about having a turtle tank is that you have to leave it open-top to allow the UVB to penetrate, otherwise I'd definitely have a lid on it.

OwnedByOola

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Her viv's at 42%! I pulled out a full bucket of water this morning. Hopefully we're getting it under control. :D

OwnedByOola

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks very much! :) I'm certainly very happy with her. I have other pets too (2 dogs, loggerhead musk turtle, crested gecko, and leopard gecko) but Oola is so endearing and we get along great. I couldn't have asked for a better beardie to fit into my household. :love5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lea K
Top Bottom